- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore magnificent temples and palaces.
- Sleep in a floating rafthouse.
- Swim in the turquoise pools of Erawan Falls.
- Trek through remote Northern Thailand and stay with the friendly locals
Don't just visit Thailand; find yourself on a once-in-a-lifetime, genuine cultural experience you'll talk about forever. This 10-day adventure throughout northern Thailand will give you amazing stories to share. Explore the ruins of the former Thai capital city of Ayutthaya, spend a night in a floating rafthouse, and take a local train up to vibrant and unforgettable Chiang Mai to trek into the hills surrounding the city. Get to know the people of the hilltribes who don't often get to meet travellers. This immersive experience will take you back to a simpler time that you might not want to leave.
Day 1: Bangkok
Day 2: Bangkok/Kanchanaburi
Day 3: Kanchanaburi
Day 4: Kanchanaburi to Ayutthaya
Day 5: Ayutthaya to Chiang Mai
Day 6: Chiang Mai
Day 7: Chiang Mai/Ban Pha Mon
Day 8: Ban Pha Mon/Ban Muang Pam
Day 9: Ban Muang Pam/Ban Jabo
Day 10: Ban Jabo/Chiang Mai
- Hotels/guesthouses (4 nts), rafthouse (1 nt), sleeper train (1 nt), basic huts (3 nts, multi-share).
8 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD80-105 for meals not included.
- Train, open pickup truck, private vehicle, trekking, raft, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, specialist trekking guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Ban Pha Mon Homestay, Ban Pha Mon
- Your G for Good Moment: Ban Muang Pam Homestay, Ban Muang Pam
- Your G for Good Moment: Ban Jabo Homestay, Ban Jabo
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Overnight Rafthouse Excursion, Kanchanaburi
- Klong riverboat tour (Bangkok)
- Wat Po visit
- Erawan Falls and Bridge on the River Kwai visit (Kanchanaburi)
- Temple ruins tour (Ayutthaya)
- Thai Burma Railway Centre visit
- Doi Suthep temple visit (Chiang Mai)
- Trek to remote hilltribe villages (3 days)
- Lod Cave visit and bamboo rafting
- Prehistoric coffin cave visit
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Chiang Mai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern Thailand Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 48 today.
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern Thailand Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Northern Thailand Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Thailand Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Merchandising : Book Your BubbleThe Book Your Bubble Collection is a collection of 80 G Adventures tours that give travellers and their hand-picked crew the safety of travelling with people they know, combined with extra benefits for booking private travel.
- 5. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.