- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the bustle of Bangkok.
- Explore the vibrancy of Chiang Mai.
- Trek through northern hilltribes and meet the locals.
- Float downstream on a bamboo raft.
From the luxury of Bangkok's malls and gleaming high-rises, head north to Thailand's hills. Eating and sleeping with the hilltribes will bring you face-to-face with these colourful cultures. We’ll leave plenty of time for fun in historic Chiang Mai with its night market and delicious cuisine. Our Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will help you get off the beaten path — but you'll stay flexible by being able to choose the activities you really want.
Day 1: Bangkok
Day 2: Bangkok/Chiang Mai
Day 3: Chiang Mai
Day 4: Chiang Mai/Ban Mae Jok
Day 5: Ban Mae Jok/Pa Khao Lam
Day 6: Pa Khao Lam/Chiang Mai
Day 7: Chiang Mai/Bangkok
Day 8: Bangkok
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (3 nts), basic hilltribe huts (2 nts, multi-share), sleeper trains (2 nts).
5 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD65-85 for meals not included.
- Local bus, songthaew, train, walking, river raft.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, trekking staff.
- Your Discover Moment: Bangkok
- Your Discover Moment: Chiang Mai
- Hilltribe trek
- Bamboo rafting
- Street food crawl
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern Hilltribes & Villages tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with G Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 26 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 18 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 14 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Northern Hilltribes & Villages tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Hilltribes & Villages tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.