- Getaways and short breaks
- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 5 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 3
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Chiang Khan: The natural scenery on the Mekong riverbank, picturesque teakwood houses, and the relaxed, sleepy atmosphere make this historic town a fantastic destination.
- Nong Khai: Located on the banks of the Mekong and at the Laotian border with Vientiane, this small city is an important gateway to the Isaan region.
- Udon Thani: One of the four major cities of Isaan, Udon Thani is home to a large expat population.
Explore the lesser-known northern regions of Thailand along the River Mekong and discover their main cultural attractions during this magical four-day tour of the country. This beautiful part of Thailand is overflowing with elaborate monuments, verdant dreamlike landscapes, eclectic markets, and a spectacular natural river setting. Get closer to the mix of Thai and Laotian cultures and see how it makes this area different from other parts of Thailand. Visit the natural miracles at Khao Kho and Chiang Khan, get closer to religion while exploring Nong Khai, stroll the bustling streets of Udon Thani, and much more. Enjoy this memorable trip that gives you the opportunity to explore and understand the culture in northern Thailand.
Day 1: Arrival Bangkok
Day 2: Bangkok – Lopburi – Khao Kho (450km – 6 Hrs)
Day 3: Khao Kho – Phu Ruea National Park – Loei – Chiang Khan (240km – 4 Hrs)
Day 4: Chiang Khan – Nong Khai (200km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 5: Nong Khai –depart Udon Thani (70km – 1.5 Hrs)
- 4 nights accommodation
- 4 breakfasts
- 4 lunches
- Air-conditioned private transportation and transfers as stated in the programme
- Operated with English-speaking guide
- Operated with Italian/French/German or Spanish-speaking guide upon an additional cost (optional extra)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Phra Prang Sam Yot, Wat Pha Son Kaew, botanic garden, Phu Ruea National Park, Ban Na Aor cultural village, bike tour, almsgiving, boat trip on the Mekong, Wat Sri Khun Mueang, Sala Kaew Kou, Ban Chiang, Thai-Chinese cultural centre
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 32+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this North Isaan And The Mekong, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 31 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 31 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
North Isaan And The Mekong, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North Isaan And The Mekong, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.