- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 3
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Khao Yai National Park: Trek through the rainforest to admire the stunning Heu Narok waterfalls and learn all about the conservation efforts to help endangered wildlife.
- Rural retreat: visit the remote village of Ban Sai Mun and get close to the villagers’ way of living.
- Mekong River: enjoy a boat tour at the confluence of the Mekong and Mun rivers, and from the boat admire a Laotian village.
- Pha Taem National Park: This magical reserve by the border with Laos features famous ‘mushroom rocks’, prehistoric rock art, and stunning panoramic views from its elevated positions.
Head off the beaten track with this three-day adventure in Thailand’s northeastern region of Isaan. Explore tropical national parks, discover ancient Khmer cities clawed back from the jungle, visit beguiling Buddhist temples, meet local artisans, and cruise the mighty Mekong River at the confluence of the Thai and Laotian borders. This programme packs a lot into a brief space of time in Thailand’s last genuine hidden gem.
Day 1: Arrival Bangkok – Nakhon Ratchasima [korat] (375km – 3.5 Hrs)
Day 2: Nakhon Ratchasima [korat] – Ubon Ratchathani (440km – 7 Hrs)
Day 3: Depart Ubon Ratchathani
- 2 nights' accommodation
- 2 breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 2 dinners
- Air-conditioned private transportation, transfers as stated in the programme
- Operated with English-speaking guide
- Italian, French, German and Spanish-speaking guide upon an additional cost (optional extra)
- All entrance fees as indicated: Khao Yai National park, Prasat Hin Phimai, Phanom Rung, Prasat Muang Tam, Sikhoraphum, Wat Kamphaeng Yai, Ban Sai Mu village, Mekong cruise and Pha Taem National Park
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 29+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Isaan Explorer, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 November 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Isaan Explorer, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Isaan Explorer, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.