- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at Chang Chill Elephant Park
- Discover the secrets to Thai cuisine, pick up some impressive new culinary skills and taste delicious local dishes in a Chiang Mai cooking class.
- Work up an appetite with a leisurely cycle through the ancient Buddhas and ruined temples of World Heritagelisted Sukhothai Park, then feast on a homecooked picnic lunch.
- See how the locals live on a bicycle ride through your homestay village. Ride past the rice fields and breathe in the fresh country air, with beautiful mountains in the distance.
Northern Thailand is a treasure trove filled with glittering temples, ancient ruins, exotic markets and sumptuous foods. Explore the capital of Siam's golden age at Sukhothai, visit the bustling markets of Chiang Mai, stay at a special homestay with local friends and enjoy a traditional khantok dinner - there's so much to discover on this tour through Thailand's northern kingdoms.
Village Homestay - Chiang Mai
- Homestay (1 night), Hotel (4 nights), Resort (2 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Private minibus , Public bus , Songthaew , Taxi , Train , Tuk tuk , Bicycle
- An expert tour leader
- Sukhothai - Night Market
- Sukhothai - Historical Park bike tour
- Sukhothai - Home-cooked picnic lunch
- Village Homestay - Cultural performance
- Village Homestay - Khantok dinner
- Village Homestay - Home-Cooked Lunch
- Village Homestay - Cycling tour
- Chiang Mai - Thai Cooking Class
- Chiang Mai - ChangChill elephant sanctuary
- Chiang Mai - ChangChill Elephant Sanctuary Lunch
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Chiang Mai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Explore Northern Thailand tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 40+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Explore Northern Thailand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Explore Northern Thailand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Explore Northern Thailand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There is a night at a homestay on this trip, a wonderful opportunity to immerse yourself in everyday Thai life. Facilities are basic and multishare, typically with mattresses on the floor and shared bathrooms. The rewards of such an authentic local experience are immeasurable.
- There is an included bike ride around Sukhothai Heritage Park on this trip. Don't worry if you are not an experienced cyclist as it’s a leisurely ride, and one of the best ways to explore the park.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers