- Art and architecture
- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 3
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ayutthaya: Ancient capital of Siam and the location of a haunting UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sukhothai: A historic former capital with wellpreserved ruins of temples and palaces.
- Golden Triangle: See three countries from one spot in Sop Ruak at the confluence of the Ruak and the Mekong rivers.
- Chiang Rai: Stroll through the local morning market and see the bridge crossing to Myanmar.
Discover the historical and natural wonders of Thailand with this spectacular nine-day tour from Bangkok, located in the centre of the country, to Chiang Mai, in the north. Visit the country’s main heritage sites such as the Ayutthaya and Phitsanulok, meet the real king of the jungle at an elephant camp in Chiang Mai, and explore the infamous Golden Triangle, one of the world’s leading opium-producing areas. Join this memorable tour and have a complete Thai experience!
Day 1: Arrival Bangkok
Day 2: Royal Grand Palace & Temple Tour
Day 3: Railway Market And Damnern Saduak Floating Market
Day 4: Bangkok – Ayutthaya – Phitsanulok (405km – 6 Hrs)
Day 5: Phitsanulok – Sukhothai – Lampang (410km – 5.5 Hrs)
Day 6: Lampang – Phayao – Golden Triangle – Chiang Rai (470km – 5.5 Hrs)
Day 7: Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai (220km – 8.5 Hrs)
Day 8: Chiang Mai
Day 9: Depart Chiang Mai
- 8 nights' accommodation
- 8 Breakfasts
- 5 Lunches
- 4 Dinners upon an additional cost (full-board optional extra)
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Operated with English-speaking guide
- Italian, French, German or Spanish-speaking guide upon an additional cost (optional extra)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: All entrance fees as indicated: visit to Royal Grand Palace in Bangkok, , Temple Wat Trimit, Floating Market & Railway Market, visit Summer Palace of Rama V, visit Ayutthaya, ancient temples of Wat Yai Chaimongkhon, Wat Mahathat and Wat Phanan Choeng in the Ayutthaya Historical Park, brief orientation tour of Phitsanulok, Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat, visit Sukhotai, visit Satchanalai, Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahatha, Wat Phra That Lampang Luang, visit Wat Roung Khun, visit the 212 House of Opium in Chiang Rai, boat trip in Mekong river stop at Laos Island, Wat Rong Khun, Wat Phra Kaew, Hiltribe Museum Education Center, Wat Doi Suthep, cable car, elephant care centre, Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden, Baan Tipmanee wooden workshop
- Meet & Greet
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 53+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Experience Thailand 9 Days - Bangkok To The North, Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Experience Thailand 9 Days - Bangkok To The North, Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Experience Thailand 9 Days - Bangkok To The North, Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.