- Art and architecture
- duration 6 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 3
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ayutthaya: Ancient capital of Siam and the location of a haunting UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Sukhothai: A historic former capital with wellpreserved ruins of temples and palaces
- Golden Triangle: See three countries from one spot in Sop Ruak at the confluence of the Ruak and the Mekong rivers
- Chiang Rai: Stroll through the local morning market
Discover the historical and natural wonders of Thailand with this six-day tour from Bangkok in the centre to Chiang Mai in the north. Visit the country’s main heritage sites such as the Ayutthaya and Phitsanulok and explore the infamous Golden Triangle, one of the world’s leading opium-producing areas.
Day 1: Bangkok - Ayutthaya – Phitsanulok (405kms - 6hrs)
Day 2: Phitsanulok - Sukhothai - Lampang (410 Kms - 5.5 Hrs)
Day 3: Lampang - Phayao - Golden Triangle - Chiang Rai (470 Kms - 5.5 Hrs)
Day 4: Chiang Rai - Chiang Mai (220 Kms - 8.5hrs)
Day 5: Chiang Mai (80 Kms - 3hrs)
Day 6: Depart Chiang Mai
- 5 Nights' accommodation
- 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches
- Air-conditioned transportation, transfers as stated in the programme
- Outbound airport transfers to Chiang Mai Airport
- Operated with English/Italian/French/German or Spanish-speaking licensed local guides on a shared basis
- All entrance fees as indicated: Bang Pa-In Summer Palace, Ayutthaya Historical Park and Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat in Ayutthaya; Sukhothai Historical Park and Si Satchanalai Historical Park in Sukhothai; Wat Phra That Lampang Luang in Lampang; pineapple plantation in Phayao; Boat trip around the Golden Triangle; 212 House of Opium, Wat Phra Kaew; Hill tribe Museum and Education Centre; Wat Rong Khun in Chiang Rai, Wat Doi Suthep, cable car, orchid plantation, Queen Sirikit Botanic Garden and Baan Tipmaee wood shop in Chiang Mai
- Arrival airport transfers from Bangkok Airport
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Gratuity for driver and guide
- Optional tours
- Compulsory festival/peak season surcharges if stated separately
- International or domestic flight tickets and airport taxes or visa fees
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 25+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Experience Thailand 6 Days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 October 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Experience Thailand 6 Days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Experience Thailand 6 Days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.