- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Is Angkor the most incredible thing in South East Asia? Decide for yourself as you templehop with an expert local guide around the complex.
- Appreciate the work of Friends International at their Futures Factory, a dining and creative space, dedicated to training vulnerable Cambodian youth to work in the hospitality industry.
- Learn more about Cambodia's confronting but important history, with visits to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek.
- A homestay in Banteay Chhmar puts you right in the heart of everyday village life in Cambodia
What is essentially Cambodia? Well, this nine-day adventure will show you, taking you straight through the middle of this South East Asian nation full of history, temples and cheap, tasty food. See Wat’s up in Angkor, laugh with the locals in Banteay Chhmar, explore the markets in Siem Reap and see where the Mekong, Bassac and Tonle Sap rivers collide in Phnom Penh. With time before and after to hit up the hubs of Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City, this epic adventure will make sure you see the hotspots of Cambodia, without missing a beat.
Different landscapes. lakes and Bungle Bungles let you understand more about this wild Kimberley. If you like hiking,
swimming and drinking Champagne at the same time in the
Lake Agryle, go.”
Siem Reap – Angkor Wat
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotel (2 nights), Homestay (1 night), Guesthouse (5 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners
- Private minibus , Public bus , Remork (Tuk-tuk)
- An expert tour leader
- Banteay Chmar - Village Walk
- Banteay Chhmar - Homestay
- Banteay Chhmar - Banteay Chhmar Temple visit
- Siem Reap - One day Angkor Pass
- Siem Reap - Angkor Temples Guided Tour
- Siem Reap - Home cooked dinner
- Siem Reap - Street food breakfast
- Phnom Penh - Futures Factory cocktail class
- Phnom Penh - Killing Fields of Choeung Ek
- Phnom Penh - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21)
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essential Cambodia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 29+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential Cambodia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 October 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essential Cambodia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential Cambodia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Lots of time allocated for optional activities means freedom and flexibility, but it does require a level of independence. Only a few meals are included, so mostly you'll find your own (with plenty of suggestions from your leader, of course). This is a great way to mingle with locals and discover unexpected delights!
- You'll be spending a night with a local family on this trip. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to connect with the local people (and enjoy delicious home-cooked meals!). Read more about the experience here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/cambodia-homestay-experience
- Temperatures and humidity can be high in Cambodia, especially when walking around sights like the Angkor complex where there may be little shade. Be prepared by taking plenty of drink breaks and wearing appropriate skin protection. Some travellers find an umbrella handy to keep the sun off (this will also come in handy should it rain!).
- The stories shared at Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek are confronting and many travellers will find them upsetting. This is an important part of Cambodia's recent history that we feel is important to share, however if you would prefer not to join in these visits your leader will be able to suggest alternatives.
- You will visit a number of temples on this trip, and this requires a level of modesty. Be sure to bring clothes that cover the arms and pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions