- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- age_requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle through 3 countries
- Discover aweinspiring ancient monuments
- Explore incredible Angkor by bike
- Wander the streets of Cambodia's Phnom Penh, an exciting capital city with a frontier feel
This journey takes us through three countries with divergent histories and subtly different cultures. From the bustling streets of Bangkok, to the serene tranquillity of the shimmering paddy fields, to the magnificence of Angkor’s temples, we see a little piece of everything these amazing countries have to offer. In Vietnam we enter the Mekong Delta, a spectacular patchwork of rice paddies and waterways. Our journey ends in Saigon where the frenetic pace and vibrant street life contrasts starkly with the rural areas we have cycled through, and will leave a lasting impression.
Day 1: Start Bangkok
Day 2: Early transfer to the old kingdom of Ayutthaya; warm-up ride on trail
Day 3: Cycle to Kabin Buri
Day 4: Ride to Aranyaprathet
Day 5: Into Cambodia and on to Siem Reap
Day 6: First of two full days to explore the temple complex of Angkor by bus and
bike, including Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, the Bayon and Banteay Srei
Day 7: Second day at Angkor temple complex
Day 8: Drive to Phnom Penh, stopping at Sambor Prei Kuk and Skuon
Day 9: Sightseeing including Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and Tuol Sleng Genocide
Museum and the 'Killing Fields'
Day 10: Transfer to Takeo then cycle to Vietnam border and Chau Doc
Day 11: Cycle/drive through the Mekong Delta to Vinh Long; catch boat to homestay
Day 12: Transfer to Cai Be for floating market; scenic cycle along Mekong riverbank;
transfer to Saigon
Day 13: Free day in Saigon
Day 14: End Saigon
- 12 nights hotels (all with en suite facilities) and 1 night homestay guesthouse to experience some 'Mekong Delta' hospitality , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 5 dinners
- 9 days cycling with 95% vehicle support
- London flights (if booking incl. flights)
- Generally good tarmac in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam, with some easy dirt roads in Thailand and Vietnam.
- Traffic levels higher near the larger towns, so you should be comfortable riding occasionally in traffic
- Airport transfers
- Local bike hire
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Ho Chi Minh City are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Cycle Indochina & Angkor - Premium tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 136+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycle Indochina & Angkor - Premium tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycle Indochina & Angkor - Premium tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycle Indochina & Angkor - Premium tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.