- Bicycle tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 4.5 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Ride through small communities & meet the locals
- Visit a slum kindergarten
- Explore the 'Green Lung' of Bangkok
- Stop at a very old nontouristy Buddhist temple
After a quick bicycle fitting we start with our Bangkok bike adventure. During the first part of the tour we see stand alone villas, luxurious apartment buildings, town houses and in between shops, companies and small factories.
We make a first stop at one of the many hidden local communities in Bangkok. We might call it a slum, but the local people call it ‘home’. The people who live here belong to the poorest people in Bangkok, but they are very friendly, polite and generous and give us a warm welcome every day.
We walk through this small community and stop at the slum kindergarten. The very poorest children receive education here while their parents are working.
Visiting slum areas makes you remind that life is not that easy for everyone. Recreational Bangkok Biking wanted to help to make this place a little bit better and in 2005 we made the decision to sponsor this kindergarten.
We continue our tour in the ‘City of Angels’ and make a stop at a sweatshop before we arrive at the pier.
Here we board a typical Thai long-tail boat to cross the mighty Chao Phraya river.
At the other side of the river we find ourselves back in the ‘Jungle’ or the ‘Green Lung’ of Bangkok, the greenest area in the city.
We cycle on elevated pathways through lush vegetation and in the shade of coconut palms and banana trees. Recognize any plants from home? They sure are a whole lot bigger, aren’t they?
Halfway the tour we stop at a local restaurant and provide a small Thai meal, Pad Thai (Thai noodles) or Khao Pad (fried rice).
After our meal we visit a very old, non-touristy Buddhist temple. The guide will tell you everything about this temple and about Buddhism in general.
Unfortunately, time has come to return to the pier where we take a short boat ride back to the hustle and bustle of Bangkok again.
But before we arrive at our office/lounge we make a last stop at an open-air Muay Thai school. Muay Thai, or Thai Boxing, is the national sport and cultural martial art of Thailand and its origin dates back several hundred years.
Participants on our Colors of Bangkok will learn and see how daily life passes by for Bangkokians. We take you off the beaten track and show you a different Bangkok, a ‘local’ Bangkok, far away from the well-known tourist areas.
We set out a route which is traffic free for the majority, so you can fully enjoy the ride and the surroundings.
You don’t need to be a cycling fanatic to join the excursion. The pace is relaxed and we make enough stops for taking pictures, explanation of sights, something to drink and relax.
- Bicycle & helmet rent
- Guide fee
- 2 (long tail) boat rides
- Water or soft drinks during the excursion
- Delicious Thai meal
- A unique and unrivalled Bangkok cycling experience
- Make it a private tour
- Tips/gratuities (optional)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationWear comfortable clothes, shoes/trainers, a cap/hat and sunglasses. If you have a sensitive skin use sunblock.