- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Bangkok Discover the glittering Grand Palace and the temple of the Reclining Buddha at Wat Po
- Chiang Mai Explore the bustling old walled town full of ancient temples
- Mekong River Take a boat journey past rugged cliffs, fishing villages and jungle covered hills
- Luang Prabang Wander through the sleepy French Colonial riverside town
This exciting journey uncovers northern Thailand before taking us deep into South East Asia's lesser-visited countries of Laos and Cambodia. Take a slowboat along the Mekong River, explore charming French colonial cities and sample fresh local dishes on this Indochina adventure. Bangkok - Wander the streets of Thailand's frenetic capital, where east and west collide at every corner Luang Prabang - Soak up the city's French colonial charm and watch monks line the street at sunrise. Siem Reap - Explore the once-hidden jungle temples of Angkor
Day 1 : Tour starts in Bangkok; Optional Longtail Canal trip
Day 2 : In Bangkok, visit the Grand Palace and Buddhist temples; take sleeper train to Chiang Mai
Day 3 : In Chiang Mai, free day to explore or try a Thai cookery class
Day 4 : From Chiang Mai journey by road and boat along the Kok River to Chiang Rai
Day 5 : From Chiang Rai travel via the Golden Triangle across the border into Laos
Day 6 : Cruise along the Mekong River, overnight in Pakbeng village
Day 7 : Continue boat journey via Pak Ou Caves to Luang Prabang
Day 8 : In Luang Prabang, free day with the option to visit the traditional village of Lao Loum
Day 9 : From Luang Prabang, visit Kuang Si Waterfalls; afternoon flight to Vientiane
Day 10 : In Vientiane, morning city tour; free afternoon with the option to visit the Buddha Park
Day 11 : Fly to Phnom Penh in Cambodia, visit Royal Palace and National Museum of Arts
Day 12 : In Phnom Penh, visit Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the 'Killing Fields'
Day 13 : Drive to Siem Reap; late afternoon visit Angkor Temples for sunset
Day 14 : From Siem Reap, return to Angkor to explore temples of Ta Prohm, Banteay Srei and Angkor Wat
Day 15 : From Siem Reap, option to see sunrise at Angkor Wat; explore Angkor Thom; afternoon flight to Bangkok
Day 16 : Tour ends in Bangkok
- 14 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Royal Rattankosin Hotel (2 nights)
- Overnight Train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai (1 night)
- Park Hotel (1 night)
- Diamond Park Inn Hotel (1 night)
- Houeixai Riverside (1 night)
- BKC Villa (1 night)
- Visoun NamSok Hotel (2 nights)
- New Rose Boutique Hotel (2 nights)
- Home Chic Hotel (2 nights)
- Angkor Panoramic Boutique Hotel (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Beyond the Mekong tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 163 today.
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Beyond the Mekong tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 March 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Beyond the Mekong tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Beyond the Mekong tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.