- Local culture
- Active and outdoor
- National parks
- Countryside and village visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at Chang Chill Elephant Park.
- See how the locals live on a bicycle ride through your homestay village. Ride past the rice fields and breathe in the fresh country air, with beautiful mountains in the distance.
- Discover a different side of Kuala Lumpur – away from the skyscrapers – on a halfday street food tour through the alleyways, uncovering flavours you need to be a local to know.
- Dive into a nature lover’s paradise at Khao Sok National Park, exploring, hiking, relaxing, and cruising by longtail boat on a limestone cliffcircled lake.
Visit South East Asia’s buzzing cities and pristine islands on a jam-packed journey through Thailand and Malaysia. Travel to Northern Thailand and experience the incredible hospitality of the Thai people on a rural homestay, and discover Chiang Mai – a treasure trove of glittering temples and mouth-watering cuisine. Relax in the laidback beachside bliss of Ao Nang, see a different side to the modern metropolis of Kuala Lumpur, and find food heaven in Penang and Singapore. By visiting rural communities, animal welfare initiatives and local cooking schools along the way, you’ll gain a true sense of what this region is really about and discover why South East Asia shines bright as a diverse and delightful place of adventure.
Village Homestay - Chiang Mai
Bangkok - Overnight train
- Resort (4 nights), Hotel (15 nights), Homestay (1 night), overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 12 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Overnight sleeper train , Private minibus , Public bus , Songthaew , Taxi , Bicycle , Plane
- An expert tour leader
- Sukhothai - Night Market
- Sukhothai - Historical Park bike tour
- Sukhothai - Home-cooked picnic lunch
- Village Homestay - Cultural performance
- Village Homestay - Khantok dinner
- Village Homestay - Home-Cooked Lunch
- Village Homestay - Cycling tour
- Chiang Mai - Thai Cooking Class
- Chiang Mai - ChangChill elephant sanctuary
- Chiang Mai - ChangChill Elephant Sanctuary Lunch
- Bangkok - Khlong boat canal tour
- Bangkok - Wat Pho
- Khao Sok - Cheow Lan Lake tour
- Khao Sok - Rafthouse lunch
- Krabi - Village walk
- Krabi - Home-cooked dinner
- Ao Nang - Ao Thalane Sea Kayaking
- Ao Nang - Ao Thalane Lunch
- Penang - Hawker food experience
- Penang - Walking tour, including Clan Jetty & Kek Lok Si Temple
- Kuala Lumpur - KL Food Experience Tour
- Melaka - Trishaw sightseeing tour
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Singapore are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Thailand & Malaysia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 128+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Thailand & Malaysia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 May 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Thailand & Malaysia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Thailand & Malaysia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip includes a night on an overnight sleeper train. Accommodation is simple but comfortable – soft sleeper class multishare compartments with air-conditioning and bunk beds, with sheets and a pillow provided. Overnight trains are a real Intrepid experience and one of the best ways to come face-to-face with the country and its people.
- This trip covers quite a bit of ground, and so there are some longer travelling days on public and private buses, as well as overnight trains. Many of these journeys offer a great chance to interact with the locals, soak up the scenery, and even catch up on a book, but make sure you are prepared for the journeys.
- There is one night at a homestay on this trip, a wonderful opportunity to witness everyday Thai life. Facilities are basic and multishare, with fold-out mattresses on the floor and shared bathrooms. The rewards of such an authentic local experience are immeasurable.
- This trip involves a fair amount of activity including hiking, cycling and kayaking. A moderate level of fitness will help you to get the most out of this trip.
- There is an included bike ride around Sukhothai Heritage Park on this trip. Don't worry if you are not an experienced cyclist as it’s a leisurely ride, and one of the best ways to explore the park.
- Your included sea kayaking trip in Krabi is in double kayaks. The water is usually calm through the beautiful mangrove forests, but you will need to be a confident swimmer to take part.
- The village visit on this trip is with a family and our past travellers have found this experience of getting to know a country and its people a true highlight. In order to respect our hosts, we appreciate if travellers dress conservatively while here.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.