- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Bangkok Explore the glittering Grand Palace complex and Wat Po, the temple of the Reclining Buddha
- Chiang Mai Bustling walled old town and the serene hillside Doi Suthep Temple
- Sukhothai Cycle around the historic park housing the remains of this ancient capital
- Ayutthaya Site of ancient monuments from a once grand Siamese capital
On this cultural journey we venture into the heart of Thailand where we discover ancient sights and cruise along bustling waterways. We see the infamous 'Bridge over the River Kwai', explore ruined temples, and spend a night on a jungle raft house. Bangkok - Explore the glittering Grand Palace complex and Wat Po, the temple of the Reclining Buddha Sukhothai - Cycle around the historic park and stay overnight in a homestay in Nathon Chan village Chiang Mai - Witness the excellent conservation work being done at Elephant Nature Park
Day 1 : Join tour in Bangkok; Optional Longtail Canal trip
Day 2 : In Bangkok, visit Grand Palace; sleeper train to Chiang Mai
Day 3 : Arrive in Chiang Mai; visit Doi Suthep temple; walking tour of Old Town
Day 4 : In Chiang Mai, included visit to Elephant Nature Park
Day 5 : Drive to Si Satchanalai temple ruins and continue to homestay in Nathon Chan village
Day 6 : In Sukothai, explore old city ruins by bicycle; drive to Uthai Thani via UNESCO site of Kamphaengphet
Day 7 : Visit morning market; travel by boat and bus to Ayutthaya; visit Royal Palace
Day 8 : Drive to Kanchanaburi; journey on Death Railway and continue onto River Kwai; overnight in raft house
Day 9 : In Kanchanburi, take bamboo rafts on River Kwai; visit Mon minority village or Lawa Cave
Day 10 : Return to Bangkok via Maeklong railway market
Day 11 : Tour ends in Bangkok
- 9 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Royal Rattankosin Hotel (2 nights)
- Overnight Train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai (1 night)
- Park Hotel (2 nights)
- Ban Natonjun Homestay (1 night)
- Payamai Resort (1 night)
- Ayothaya Hotel (1 night)
- River Kwai Jungle View (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of Northern Thailand tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 73+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of Northern Thailand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of Northern Thailand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of Northern Thailand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.