- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore magnificent temples and palaces.
- Sleep in a floating rafthouse.
- See the multitiered Erawan Falls.
- Visit the old capital city of Ayutthaya.
If you’re short on time but want to see the sights north of Bangkok (and really, who doesn’t?), this is the express trip for you. Take seven days, pack them full of wonderment and reflection in Northern Thailand — Kanchanaburi, Ayutthaya, and Chiang Mai, and plenty of temples, palaces, and small villages to explore — and you’ve got a recipe for one of the most memorable weeks you’ll ever have. Toss in the ease of travel by trains and buses and there’s no way you’ll feel like you’re missing out on anything in this dynamic region.
Day 1: Bangkok
Day 2: Bangkok/Kanchanaburi
Day 3: Kanchanaburi
Day 4: Kanchanaburi to Ayutthaya
Day 5: Ayutthaya to Chiang Mai
Day 6: Chiang Mai
Day 7: Chiang Mai
- Hotels/guesthouses (4 nts), rafthouse (1 nt), sleeper train (1 nt).
5 breakfasts, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD80-105 for meals not included.
- Train, private van, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Overnight Rafthouse Excursion, Kanchanaburi
- Wat Pho visit
- Klong riverboat tour
- Erawan Falls and Bridge on the River Kwai visit (Kanchanaburi)
- Thai-Burma Railway Centre and Allied War Cemetery visit
- Temple ruins tour (Ayutthaya)
- Doi Suthep temple visit (Chiang Mai)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Bangkok and from Chiang Mai are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bangkok to Chiang Mai Express tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 33 today.
- Save US$ 22+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bangkok to Chiang Mai Express tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Bangkok to Chiang Mai Express tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bangkok to Chiang Mai Express tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 1 - EasyLight walking, few climbs more challenging than a flight of stairs. Easy does it.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.