- Walking tour
- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Local boat rides
- duration 7 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 10
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit Wat Prayunwongsawat and see hundreds of turtles
- Tour Wat Kalayanamit and see the sacred gigantic Buddha image
- Visit Santa Cruz Church in the old community, formerly Portugal quarter
- Take a taxi boat along the Chao Phraya River
We’ll meet for the tour at the Asia hotel Ratchathewi Lobby at 8.30 am.
To start the tour, we will avoid tourist crowds and get on an express taxi boat that carries local passengers from the suburbs into downtown for work. Grab yourself a seat if you can find one, but better be fast! Along the Chaopraya River, known as River of Kings, you can start taking pictures of those 5 stars hotels like Peninsula, Mandarin Oriental or Shangri-La etc, as well as observing the harmony of Thai society, as here there are churches, mosques and Buddhist temples standing next to each other in the same community.
Our first stop is at Wat Prayunwongsawat. There is a manmade stone mountain and a pond where hundreds of turtles are living together with enormous fish. Buy a plate of fish ball or bread to feed the turtles to prolong your life as in Buddhism, turtles are a symbol of a long life.
Next, we will stroll along a small pathway, passing a primary school in the old community, formerly Portugal quarter. Here we will visit Santa Cruz Church. We will continue walking along the waterfront until we reach an old Chinese Shrine, built of teak wood. Gain some spiritual insights while watching people burning incense, paying homage to their Chinese Gods and Goddess.
Continue to Wat Kalayanamit, a beautiful but hidden temple of Thonburi which houses a magnificent astonishing gigantic Buddha image. Later, visit Wat Rakang (Ra-kang means bell) another old temple since Ayutthaya period.
Experience the simple riverside charm of Nonthaburi, a rural area of Bangkok. The town offers 3 local markets which are non-touristy, including a fish market that has many varieties of live fish just caught and a clothes market. Enjoy your yummy local lunch here at Nonthaburi. Lunch is included. Then, take a cycle rickshaw touring the streets.
Back to Sathorn pier and say goodbye to your group with a memorable experience today!
- English speaking tour guide
- Public transport (tuk tuk, bus, taxi boat, taxi, etc.)
- A cycle rickshaw
- All entrance fees as mentioned on this program
- Cool towels and water
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, insurance
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationClothing recommendations: no sleeveless shirts, comfortable walking shoes (easy to put on and off). Flip flops and sandals are allowed. It is advisable to bring along sunglasses, hat, cap as the sun is quite strong.