- Art and architecture
- duration 11 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 10+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Chiang Rai: home of the unconventional and famous white temple, Chiang Rai is also a great place for street food and learning about the hill tribes.
- Golden Triangle: this natural wilderness gained unwanted notoriety in the 1960s because of the abundant opium cultivation in the area, but today has been restored to a problemfree area.
- Chiang Mai: the fragrant ‘Rose of the North’ was capital of the Lanna Kingdom founded by Mangrai the Great in the 13th century.
- Phuket: among the world’s finest beach destinations, with fine white sands, nodding palm trees, glittering seas and lively towns. Blessed with more than 30 amazing beaches to choose from.
Begin this Thai journey discovering the best of Bangkok, Thailand’s bustling capital city. Then see a different side of this beautiful country as you explore the north of Thailand and discover its main cultural attractions during four magical days, travelling from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai. This region is overflowing with historic monuments, dreamlike landscapes, gastronomic delights and wonderful wildlife. See the top temples and come face to face with gentle Asian elephants. Leaving Chiang Mai, travel to magical Southern Thailand, boasting all types of impressive scenery, from awe-inspiring beaches to tropical forests packed with flora and fauna. Giving a rich mix of cultures, wildly different from the northern regions, from their traditional cuisine to landscapes, and even language.
Day 1: Arrival Bangkok (30km – 30min)
Day 2: Bangkok: Royal Grand Palace & Temple Tour (5km – 15min)
Day 3: Bangkok – Maeklong Railway Market – Damnern Saduak Floating Market – Bangkok (185km – 3hrs)
Day 4: Bangkok – Chiang Mai (65 Mins Flight, Not Included / 5km – 15min)
Day 5: Chiang Mai – Wat Phra Doi Suthep Temple – Wararot Market – Chiang Mai (80kms – 3hrs)
Day 6: Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai – Thai Elephant Care Centre – Wat Rong Khun Temple – Chiang Rai (260km – 4 Hrs)
Day 7: Chiang Rai – Golden Triangle – Departure Chiang Rai (130km – 2hrs By Land / 240min By Flight, Not Included) / Arrival Phuket (30km – 1hr)
Day 8: Phuket
Day 9: Phuket
Day 10: Phuket
Day 11: Departure Phuket (30km – 40min)
- 10 nights' accommodation
- 10 Breakfasts
- 2 Lunches (Day 6, 7)
- 1 Dinner (Day 5)
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Grand Palace, Wat Traimit, Wat Pho, Wat Phra Keaw and lapidary factory (Day 2); Damnoen Saduak, Railway Market (Day 3); Wat Suan Dok, Wat Phra Sing, Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Chet Yot, Wat Chiang Man (Day 4) Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Wararot and flower markets, and khan toke dinner show (shared) (Day 5) Elephant Care Centre; Wat Rong Khun (Day 6); boat ride on Mekong River (Day 7)
- Arrival private transfer in air-conditioned transportation from Bangkok International Airport (Day 1)
- Air-conditioned private transportation as stated in the programme (Day 2-7)
- Departure private transfer in air-conditioned transportation to Chiang Rai International Airport (Day 7)
- Arrival and departure private transfer in air-conditioned transportation from/to Phuket International Airport (Day 7, 11)
- Operated with English-, French-, German-, Italian-, or Spanish-speaking tour guides throughout the itinerary (Day 2-7)
- Meet & Greet at Bangkok International Airport (Day 1)
- Meet & Greet at Phuket International Airport (Day 7)
- Domestic flights (Bangkok-Chiang Mai on Day 4 / Chiang Rai-Phuket on Day 7)
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 114+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bangkok, Golden Triangle & Phuket Beach Extension - Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 November 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bangkok, Golden Triangle & Phuket Beach Extension - Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bangkok, Golden Triangle & Phuket Beach Extension - Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.