- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Small group
- max group size 9
- guiding method Fully guided
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Experience the flavours and aromas of traditional Thai cuisine with this intimate cooking class. Collect fresh ingredients during a local market tour and transform them into a fivecourse masterpiece in the kitchen. Then enjoy your delicious creations for lunch!
Get hands-on and learn how to cook a traditional five-course Thai cuisine. Collect all fresh, local ingredients from the outdoor market and witness how true Bangkok bargaining works before heading to the kitchen to transform those delicious ingredients into a masterpiece you get to ingest! Your stomach definitely will thank you for taking this food lover day tour.
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting Point: 8:40am at Silom Thai Cooking School
Finish Point: Silom Thai Cooking School
After meeting your chef, head to the bustling outdoor market and collect the ingredients needed to make your own authentic 5-course Thai cuisine. Your chef guide will explain the local foods and show you how Bangkok bargaining is done. After the market, return to the cooking school and get hands-on experience as you transform those ingredients into a masterpiece. You'll concoct curry paste, the most important part of all Thai dishes, from scratch by grinding the fresh herbs and spices in a stone mortar, releasing a wonderful aroma. Also learn how to make coconut milk and correctly cook rice to that perfect consistency. The main courses will vary by Day, but each class instructs the making of a soup, salad, appetizer, main-course, and dessert. At the end of the class, enjoy your creation for lunch. And you get to keep the recipes!
Note that this Day Tour is operated by one of G Adventures' preferred suppliers and will be a shared service with other non-G Adventures travellers.
- All accommodation is included. Accommodation is mainly in twin share rooms. Sometimes dorm accommodations are used which will be exclusive to your tour group.
- 1 lunch
- Professional English-speaking chef instructor and guide.
- Market tour with explanation of Thai food and ingredients
- Cooking class instruction with all ingredients and tools
- Thai cuisine lunch
- Recipes for all dishes
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bangkok Day Tour: Thai Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 2 today.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bangkok Day Tour: Thai Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 March 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bangkok Day Tour: Thai Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bangkok Day Tour: Thai Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
minimum 12 years oldDoes this trip suit me?
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.