- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 9
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Starts/Ends Bangkok, Thailand
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Experience the flavours and aromas of traditional Thai cuisine with this intimate cooking class. Collect fresh ingredients during a local market tour and transform them into a fivecourse masterpiece in the kitchen. Then enjoy your delicious creations for lunch!
Get hands-on and learn how to cook a traditional five-course Thai cuisine. Collect all fresh, local ingredients from the outdoor market and witness how true Bangkok bargaining works before heading to the kitchen to transform those delicious ingredients into a masterpiece you get to ingest! Your stomach definitely will thank you for taking this food lover day tour.
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting Point: 8:40am at Silom Thai Cooking School
Finish Point: Silom Thai Cooking School
After meeting your chef, head to the bustling outdoor market and collect the ingredients needed to make your own authentic 5-course Thai cuisine. Your chef guide will explain the local foods and show you how Bangkok bargaining is done. After the market, return to the cooking school and get hands-on experience as you transform those ingredients into a masterpiece. You'll concoct curry paste, the most important part of all Thai dishes, from scratch by grinding the fresh herbs and spices in a stone mortar, releasing a wonderful aroma. Also learn how to make coconut milk and correctly cook rice to that perfect consistency. The main courses will vary by day, but each class instructs the making of a soup, salad, appetizer, main-course, and dessert. At the end of the class, enjoy your creation for lunch. And you get to keep the recipes!
Note that this Day Tour is operated by one of G Adventures' preferred suppliers and will be a shared service with other non-G Adventures travellers.
- 1 lunch
- Professional English-speaking chef instructor and guide.
- Market tour with explanation of Thai food and ingredients
- Cooking class instruction with all ingredients and tools
- Thai cuisine lunch
- Recipes for all dishes
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bangkok Day Tour: Thai Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bangkok Day Tour: Thai Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bangkok Day Tour: Thai Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bangkok Day Tour: Thai Foodie Tour and Cooking Class (half day) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Physical Grading : 1 - EasyLight walking, few climbs more challenging than a flight of stairs. Easy does it.
- 3. Trip Type : Day ToursDay Tours let you experience the best a city has to offer in one day or less, and can be booked whether or not you’re on a multi-day tour.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.