- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit the shimmering Grand Palace where former kings once lived. See the giant golden Buddha statue reclining in a temple at Wat Po. Take a ferry to the towering Temple of Dawn. Authentic pad thai lunch.
This day tour perfectly packs the most famous Bangkok highlights into one day, leaving you with a camera full of iconic shots and a better understanding of Thai culture. Explore the Grand Palace Complex where former kings once lived. Visit the giant golden Buddha statue reclining in a temple at Wat Po. Take a ferry to the towering Temple of Dawn. Top it all off with an authentic Pad Thai lunch.
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting Point: 8:30am at MRT Station Sanam Chai
Finish Point: MRT Station Sanam Chai
After getting to know your guide, venture into the spiritual heart of Thailand - the Grand Palace - which was home to the Kings for 150 years. As you explore the complex, admire the shimmering golden spires, peaceful courtyard, unique statues, and ornate architecture of the temples. Next up visit Wat Po and Wat Phra Chetuphon, known as the Temple of the Reclining Buddha because of the massive golden statue relaxing inside. While wandering through the Wat Po complex, be sure to capture that iconic picture with the intricately designed spires. Next take a ferry across Chao Phraya River for an authentic Pad Thai lunch on the local side of Bangkok. Visit Wat Arun, the Temple of Dawn, which you'll see lives up to its fame with four smaller spires encasing the giant 70 meter high centre spire with intricate patterns made by tiny pieces of coloured glass and porcelain. This Buddhist temple lights up like the Eiffel Tower at night. As the tour comes to an end back at the Museum of Siam, your guide will assist in finding you the best transport or feel free to explore the area more in-depth.
Note that this Day Tour is operated by one of G Adventures' preferred suppliers and will be a shared service with other non-G Adventures travellers.
Packing essentials: Clothes need to cover shoulders and knees to be able to enter temples, otherwise make sure to pack a sarong or similar to cover knees and shoulders.
- 1 lunch
- Ferry, Walking
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- Entrance fees into Grand Palace, Wat Po, and Wat Arun
- Guide services throughout the tour
- Ferry fee to Wat Arun
- Pad Thai lunch
- Transport costs
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bangkok Day Tour: City Highlights (half day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bangkok Day Tour: City Highlights (half day) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bangkok Day Tour: City Highlights (half day) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bangkok Day Tour: City Highlights (half day) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Physical Grading : 1 - EasyLight walking, few climbs more challenging than a flight of stairs. Easy does it.
- 3. Trip Type : Day ToursDay Tours let you experience the best a city has to offer in one day or less, and can be booked whether or not you’re on a multi-day tour.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.