- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- River cruise along the Chao Phraya River of Kings.
- Authentic lunch buffet.
- Exploring the ancient temple ruins of Ayutthaya.
- Countryside drive North.
Travel back in time on this immersive day tour as you explore the ancient city of Ayutthaya, where luscious grass contrasts with stone temple ruins for an iconic experience. From Bangkok, ride north through the countryside to the ancient city and venture through ornate temples and monasteries where massive Buddha statues stare down at you and peer out from tangled tree roots. After you've seen it all, enjoy a relaxing river cruise down the River of Kings and indulge in a delicious lunch buffet while admiring the Thai river life and scenery.
Duration: 9 hours
Meeting Point: 7:00am at Grand Pearl Restaurant in River City Shopping Complex
Finish Point: River City Shopping Complex Pier
Leave the Bangkok hustle and bustle behind while you spend the day exploring the ancient city of Ayutthaya. Rise early to meet your guide at the River City Shopping Complex where you'll board a Grand Pearl luxury air–conditioned coach for a comfortable and stunning drive north through the countryside.
During a pitstop halfway, visit Bang Pa-In and admire the colourful Summer Palace of King Rama V with its mixture of Thai, Chinese and Gothic architecture. Also on the peaceful complex, see the floating pavilion Aisawan Thiphya, Warophat Phiman Neo-classical mansion, and the ornamental palace and throne room of Wehart Chamrun.
On arrival at Ayutthaya, a UNESCO World Heritage site, begin your adventure to the temple ruins where luscious grass grows around the ancient red brick and stone. Be sure to find the stone Buddha head peaking out of tangled tree roots. Visit Wat Mahatad, the royal monastery that served as the residence of the supreme monk. Explore inside the largest and one of the most important temples, Wat Phrasrisanphet, and marvel at Wihan Phramongkhon Bophit, a massive, meditating bronze Buddha statue.
Spend the afternoon aboard the Grand Pearl Cruise Liner and embark from the Wat Chong-lom Pier down the Chao Phraya River back towards Bangkok. Coffee and tea will be served as you glide along the River of Kings passing through exciting Thai river life. Keep an eye out for Thammasart University, Siriraj hospital, the royal Grand Palace, and Wat Arun (the temple of dawn) with its magnificent 79 meter spire. Before disembarking, indulge in a sumptuous buffet lunch with a choice of Thai and Western cuisines.
On arrival at the River City Shopping Complex Pier in Bangkok, say goodbye to the cruise liner as this adventure comes to an end.
Note that this Day Tour is operated by one of G Adventures' preferred suppliers and will be a shared service with other non-G Adventures travellers.
- 1 lunch
- A/C Coach, Cruise Liner, Walking
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- Tour guide services
- Grand Pearl cruise & buffet lunch with coffee/tea
- Ground transport to Ayutthaya
- Entrance fee to three temple sites
- Bang Pa-In Complex visit
- Any international flights to/from Bangkok are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Bangkok Day Tour: Ayutthaya and River Cruise (full day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 3 today.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bangkok Day Tour: Ayutthaya and River Cruise (full day) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Travel Insurance
Bangkok Day Tour: Ayutthaya and River Cruise (full day) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bangkok Day Tour: Ayutthaya and River Cruise (full day) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.