- Art and architecture
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Bangkok: Enjoy the sweet smells of fresh flowers at Bangkok’s largest flower market, Pak Khlong Talat.
- Ayutthaya: Explore the ancient capital of Siam and the location of a haunting UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Chiang Mai: Enjoy an unforgettable encounter with Thai elephants, admire the views from the hilltop Wat Doi Suthep temple, and explore the shopper’s paradise of San Kamphaeng Road.
- Lamphun: Visit the thousandyearold Wat Phra That Hariphunchai, one of the holiest temples in the north.
Discover both modern Thailand and historical Siam during this memorable eight-day round-trip that begins and ends in Bangkok. Admire the ancient monuments, dazzling temples, and bustling markets that help make Thailand the most captivating country in Southeast Asia. Visit ruins such as those of Ayutthaya and Sukhothai, which offer an insight into the grandeur of past glories, and meet the inhabitants of remote rainforest villages, where the past is very much alive. Join us on a magical journey to uncover Siam’s glittering gems!
Day 1: Arrival Bangkok (30km – 30min)
Day 2: Bangkok
Day 3: Bangkok – Ayutthaya – Kamphaeng Phet (380km – 5hrs)
Day 4: Kamphaeng Phet – Lampang – Chiang Mai (350km – 5hrs)
Day 5: Chiang Mai
Day 6: Chiang Mai – Lamphun – Sukhothai (370km – 5hrs)
Day 7: Sukhothai – Lopburi – Bangkok (480km – 7 Hrs)
Day 8: Depart Bangkok
- 7 nights accommodation
- 7 Breakfast
- 5 Lunches
- Full-board extra: 4 Dinners (Day 3-6) upon an additional cost
- Arrival shared unescorted transfer from Bangkok International Airport (Day 1)
- Air-conditioned shared transportation, transfers as stated in the programme (Day 2-7)
- Departure shared unescorted transfer to Bangkok International Airport (Day 8)
- Operated with English, Italian, French, German or Spanish-speaking local guides*
- *Different languages can be combined in our vehicles. There will be a separate guide for each language.
- All entrance fees and activities mentioned in the itinerary: Wat Yai Chaimongkhon, Wat Phanan Choeng and Wat Mahathat, scenic cruise around Ayutthaya (Day 1); Wat Phra That Lampang Luang (Day 4); Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (the cable car included), shopping stop San Kamphaeng Road (Day 5); Wat Phra That Hariphunchai, Sukhothai Historical Park (Day 6); Ruins of the ancient Khmer temple of Phra Prang Sam Yot and the adjacent Brahman shrine of San Phra Kan (Day 7)
- Meet & Greet
- Visa fees
- Domestic flights
- International flights
- Drinks during meals (unless specified otherwise)
- Optional tours (if any)
- City tax not included, payable on the spot
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Porterage and gratuities
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 25+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bangkok And Ancient Capitals tour. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 34 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 July 2021, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 34 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bangkok And Ancient Capitals tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bangkok And Ancient Capitals tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has implemented smaller group sizes than normal, allowing for more personal space on the vehicles, sights visited, hotels and restaurants.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.