- Explore Bangalore, known as the Silicon Valley of India
- Enjoy a breathtaking cruise through the backwaters of Kerala
- Unwind on the Kovalam Beach on the Golden Arabian Sea Coast
- Search for tigers with a jungle walk in the Periyar Wildlife Reserve
- Head on a scenic bicycle rickshaw ride through the streets of Madurai
- See the rockcut cave temples in Mamallapuram, a World Heritage Site
- Show more
This 17-day ultra-small group tour will guide you through Southern India from coast to coast! Begin your journey in Bangalore, known as India's Silicon Valley where you will discover a fascinating mix of old and new. Continue to Mysore, a city with magnificent palaces, breathtaking gardens, and gorgeous temples before you visit Calicut, a scenic town dedicated to trading. Drive to Cochin, where you will explore the Mattancherry and Fort Cochin districts with European influences and walk through the narrow streets. Next, you will discover Alleppey with its picturesque lakes, fringed canals, and still lagoons, and travel to Kovalam, situated on the coast of the Arabian Sea. Enjoy a cruise through Kerala’s backwaters and make your way to Kovalam, one of India’s most famous beach destinations. Drive to the Periyar where you will learn about the spice plantations of the area and visit the Periyar Tiger Reserve for an exhilarating jungle walk in search of wildlife. Ride a bike around Madurai as you explore the fascinating streets showing the typical life of the locals. Drive to Tanjore to discover ancient temples and admire the majestic mountain landscapes in Swamimalai before arriving in the universal town of Pondicherry. Your last stop on this tour of Southern India will be in Mamallapuram, a picturesque town located on a rocky outcrop between the beach and a lagoon.
Day 1: Bangalore Arrival
Day 2: Bangalore - Mysore (140km/3h)
Day 3: Mysore
Day 4: Mysore - Calicut (210km / 5h)
Day 5: Calicut - Cochin (224km / 5h)
Day 6: Cochin
Day 7: Cochin - Alleppey (65km / 1.5h)
Day 8: Alleppey - Kovalam (160km / 4.5h)
Day 9: Kovalam - Kanyakumari - Kovalam
Day 10: Kovalam - Periyar (245km / 6h)
Day 11: Periyar - Thekkady
Day 12: Periyar - Madurai (170km / 4h)
Day 13: Madurai - Tanjore - Swamimalai (240km / 5h)
Day 14: Swamimalai - Pondicherry - Mamallapuram (220km / 5h)
Day 15: Mamallapuram
Day 16: Mamallapuram -
- 14 Nights' accommodation on a twin sharing basis at listed hotels or similar
- 01 Night accommodation on a twin sharing basis on a houseboat
- Daily breakfast
- Full board meal plan onboard houseboat
- Farewell dinner in Mamallapuram
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Transportation in deluxe AC vehicle
- Service of professional English-speaking local guides
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- Kathakali dance performance
- Elephant ride in Periyar
- Cycle rickshaw tour in Madurai
- All local applicable taxes
- Entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature, tips & gratuities
- Visa fees if applicable
- Items not mentioned as being included
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 58+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this South India Coast To Coast tour. You can cancel the tour up to 75 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 74 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 February 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 February 2023, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 74 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
South India Coast To Coast tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this South India Coast To Coast tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.IS THIS A CHILD FRIENDLY TOUR? ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS?
All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age for children on escorted tours is 8. Minimum age on Safaris is 12. Minimum age for game drives in Kruger National Park (South Africa) is 12. Minimum age for Uganda programs is 15.Please note that many countries have adopted practices to prevent international abductions of children. If a person under the age of 18 years will be travelling with an adult other than his/her parents, or with only one parent, a notarized letter, granting authorization to travel, including the dates of travel should be carried. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travelers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed throughout the tour.
Is Asia open for tourists?
Despite the initial fears of the Covid-19 pandemic, most Asian countries have managed to mitigate its effects. As such, many popular destinations throughout the continent are currently open for travelers with precautionary measures like mandatory vaccinations. A few countries, however, require newly arrived travelers to spend a couple of days in quarantine.
As of February 2022, countries like Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are officially open for vaccinated tourists without the need for quarantine. Meanwhile, India and Indonesia are two of the countries that may require you to quarantine for up to a week on arrival. However, Japan, Vietnam, and Myanmar are yet to open their doors to visitors.
- What are some of the most popular tourist destinations in India?
- How many days are sufficient for an India tour?
- What are some of the tourist scams that I need to know about before visiting India?
Is India a safe place for tourists?
India is generally safe for tourists. However, petty crimes, such as pickpocketing and purse snatching, are common. Tourists tend to be targeted in busy tourist areas, and petty crime frequently occurs on public transportation and overnight trains. Be aware of your surroundings and take care to avoid potentially risky situations.