- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle the backroads of Southern India through tea plantations and quaint hillside villages
- Embark on jeep safaris in search for wild Asiatic Elephants, Bengal Tigers, Sloth Bears and other wildlife
- Trek through rain forest to the second highest peak of the Western Ghats
- Depart on a UNESCO heritage train ride between Coonoor and Ooty
Bike, hike and kayak through the diverse landscapes of Southern India. Southern India delivers no end of pleasant surprises on this multi-activity trip. Our carefully crafted itinerary offers the highlights of the magnificent hill country of the Western Ghats at handle bar level. With a healthy mix of cycling and walking we pause to savour Bandipur and Periyar wildlife parks where a keen eye may spot tiger and elephant, the English hill station of Ooty and the fine tea plantations at Munnar. As the sweet smell of spices fill the air we descend to the coast and the delightful backwaters of Kerala, where we kayak and cruise through a myriad of channels observing the relaxed lifestyle of rural India. Our final bike ride follows palm lined beaches to the historic town of Fort Kochi where this action packed adventure comes to an unforgettable conclusion.
Day 1 : Join Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Day 2 : Drive to Mysore
Day 3 : Cycle to Bandipur and Mudumalai (55km)
Day 4 : Cycle to Ooty (33km)
Day 5 : Coonoor UNESCO heritage train, cycle to Mettupalayam (100km, mostly downhill)
Day 6 : Cycle (70km), drive to Munnar through tea plantations
Day 7 : Day trek to Meesapulimala (15km)
Day 8 : Cycle the Cardamon Hills (30km), transfer to Periyar National Park
Day 9 : In Periyar
Day 10 : Cycle through Western Ghats to a spice farm (80km)
Day 11 : Cycle (55km) and transfer to Alappuzha (Allepey), kayak through Keralan Backwaters
Day 12 : Backwaters cruise, overnight on houseboat
Day 13 : Cycle to historic Fort Kochi
Day 14 : In Kochi, trip concludes
- Comfortable accommodation on a twinshare basis
- Houseboat accommodation
- 13 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 4 dinners
- Airport transfer on day 1
- All internal transport and support vehicle whilst cycling
- Local specialist guides
- Simple homestays
- Backwaters cruise
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in the itinerary
- Good quality Cannondale, Trek (or similar) branded bikes
- International flight & departure transfer
- bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc.
- airport & departure taxes
- travel insurance
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 92 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bike, Hike & Kayak South India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 327 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 03 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Bike, Hike & Kayak South India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bike, Hike & Kayak South India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.