- Bicycle tour
- Kayaking and canoeing
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Cycle the backroads of Southern India through tea plantations and quaint hillside villages
- Embark on jeep safaris in search for wild Asiatic Elephants, Bengal Tigers, Sloth Bears and other wildlife
- Trek through rain forest to the second highest peak of the Western Ghats
- Depart on a UNESCO heritage train ride between Coonoor and Ooty
Bike, hike and kayak through the diverse landscapes of Southern India. Southern India delivers no end of pleasant surprises on this multi-activity trip. Our carefully crafted itinerary offers the highlights of the magnificent hill country of the Western Ghats at handle bar level. With a healthy mix of cycling and walking we pause to savour Bandipur and Periyar wildlife parks where a keen eye may spot tiger and elephant, the English hill station of Ooty and the fine tea plantations at Munnar. As the sweet smell of spices fill the air we descend to the coast and the delightful backwaters of Kerala, where we kayak and cruise through a myriad of channels observing the relaxed lifestyle of rural India. Our final bike ride follows palm lined beaches to the historic town of Fort Kochi where this action packed adventure comes to an unforgettable conclusion.
Day 1 : Join Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Day 2 : Drive to Mysore
Day 3 : Cycle to Bandipur and Mudumalai (55km)
Day 4 : Cycle to Ooty (33km)
Day 5 : Coonoor UNESCO heritage train, cycle to Mettupalayam (100km, mostly downhill)
Day 6 : Cycle (70km) to Munnar through tea plantations
Day 7 : Day trek to Meesapulimala (15km)
Day 8 : Cycle the Cardamon Hills (30km), transfer to Periyar National Park
Day 9 : In Periyar
Day 10 : Cycle through Western Ghats to a spice farm (80km)
Day 11 : Cycle (55km) and transfer to Alappuzha (Allepey), kayak through Keralan Backwaters
Day 12 : Backwaters cruise, overnight on houseboat
Day 13 : Cycle to historic Fort Kochi
Day 14 : In Kochi, trip concludes
- Comfortable accommodation on a twinshare basis
- Houseboat accommodation
- 13 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 4 dinners
- Airport transfer on day 1
- All internal transport and support vehicle whilst cycling
- Local specialist guides
- Simple homestays
- Backwaters cruise
- Sightseeing and entry fees as listed in the itinerary
- Good quality Cannondale, Trek (or similar) branded bikes
- International flight & departure transfer
- bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc.
- airport & departure taxes
- travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 132 today.
- Earn US$ 88+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Bike, Hike & Kayak South India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 December 2021, a deposit of 1500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Bike, Hike & Kayak South India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Bike, Hike & Kayak South India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.