- duration 14 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Mysore Visit the Maharajah's Palace, one of the largest palaces in India
- Ooty Enjoy the cool climate of this hill station town
- Madurai Wind your way through 1000 ornately carved pillars in the Meenakshi Temple
- Kochi Explore the Portuguese influenced city by boat
This varied tour covers the most fascinating highlights of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. From intricately carved temple complexes and palaces to the lush scenery of the Western Ghats and Keralan backwaters, this trip covers south India in depth. Mysore - Visit the Maharajah's Palace, one of the largest palaces in India Madurai - Wind your way through 1000 ornately carved pillars in the Meenakshi Temple Kochi and surrounds - Explore the Portuguese influenced city and cruise the nearby backwaters
Day 1 : Join tour at Bangalore Airport, drive to Mysore
Day 2 : Discover Mysore Palace
Day 3 : Take a game drive in Bandipur National Park
Day 4 : Morning game drive before driving to Ooty
Day 5 : Take a walking tour in the famous hill station
Day 6 : Travel on the Toy Train. Drive to Kochi
Day 7 : Explore Fort Kochi and the Jewish Quarter
Day 8 : Spend the night on a houseboat in the backwaters
Day 9 : Travel to Thekkady
Day 10 : Visit a spice garden en route to Madurai
Day 11 : Discover the ornate Meenakshi Temple
Day 12 : Take a train to Chennai then drive to the coast on the Bay of Bengal
Day 13 : Explore Mamallapuram's shore temples
Day 14 : Trip ends in Mamallapuram
- 4 nights premium hotel
- 8 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple boat
- 13 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Bus, Boat, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Bangalore Airport and from Mamallapuram are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Southern India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 87 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 248 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 17 November 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Southern India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Southern India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.