- duration 9 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 12+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit a collection of the best beaches and beach bars in all of Bali, if not all of Southeast Asia
- Sample signature cocktails made by top chefs and mixologists at luxurious seaside restaurants and resorts along the southwestern Bali coast
- Travel past stunning protected rice terraces and dramatic cliffsides that fall into the ocean — perfect photo ops are everywhere!
- Visit an ancient fertility temple that stands on a remote rock in the ocean and is seldom visited by tourists
Go retro-hipster-glam on the island of Bali with an afternoon “safari” to some of Bali’s best beaches and beach clubs, where the only hunting you’ll do will be choosing the next great cocktail. You’ll travel the southwestern Bali coast in a modified 1980 VW Kombi — a bit of retro hipster style to complement your afternoon cocktail adventure. But of course, Bali is not just bars and restaurants — far from it! So along the way, we’ll take you to a small, seldom-seen temple built on a rock in the ocean, where it’s said that fertility prayers are answered (we make no promises).Your long, lazy afternoon is all organised, the bars are booked, and the drinks are chilled and waiting — time to hit the Bali road!
Start your Bali cocktail adventure with a journey through the rice fields of West Coast Bali until we arrive at a small, remote club on the dramatic Echo Surf Beach, where monster waves roll in when the surf is high. Our destination is like a set from a ship wreck on a desert island, with eclectic decorations around the pools and stunning ocean views.
The menu is tapas style and the drinks chill are first-class; chilli, lemongrass and lychee martini anyone?!
We’ll jump back into our retro, pimped out 1980 Kombi to travel through some of the area’s nearby beach villages towards the stunning 17th-century temple of Pura Batu Ngaus, a fertility temple perched on a rock in the ocean. The Balinese come here to seek medicine or fertility blessings from the mangku (priest), and leave offerings in a most unusual way: in a blowhole in the rock that connects to the ocean via an underwater cave. This temple is far off the tourist track, feeling a world away from the crowds that swarm Bali’s more famous sites. Along the way to Pura Batu Ngaus, you’ll pass typically Bali-esque scenes of government-protected rice terraces and catch glimpses of the sea and the far-off cliffs of Uluwatu — keep your camera close by for those classic Bali shots!
Thirsty again? And hungry too? Good! Because up next, your Bali tour will take you to what we like to call the living museum, a place steeped in history but also boasting the best roof top bars with ocean views you will find in Bali.
Enjoy a classic nasi goreng with our favourite cocktail, a gin & tonic, while lazing about in the late afternoon sun.
Next, we head further down the West coast, chasing the setting sun, winding in and out of small villages until we arrive at the eclectic gypsy camp, complete with tarot readers and caravans perched on Berawa surf beach. Sangria or homemade bloody marys are definitely the drink of choice in this funky place!
Finish your Bali tour with a nightcap at the iconic Ku De Ta bar at Seminyak Beach, a long-standing hot spot that’s considered to be one of the best beach clubs in Southeast Asia. We recommend the espresso martini — perfect for revving you up for a night out on the town after your tour ends!
- Trained driver
- Local English-speaking guide
- Mineral water
- And temple entrance.
- Drinks and meals at bars and restaurants
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this VW Kombi Cocktail Safari tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 65 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
VW Kombi Cocktail Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this VW Kombi Cocktail Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Let us know which pick-up point you prefer.· 10:45 at Ka Bar @ Bali Garden Resort Jl Kartika South Kuta · 11:10 at Magani Resort Jl Melasti Legian · 11:45 at Ku De Ta Jl Oberoi (laksmana) SeminyakMeeting end point :
Ku De Ta, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.