- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Take a guided walking tour of Azerbaijan's Old Town, where views of the Palace of the Shirvanshahs are made even more spectacular by the modern skyscrapers in the background.
- The Caucasus Mountains will take your breath away in more ways than one during a hike to the 14thcentury Gergeti Trinity Church, which sits in splendid isolation at 2170 m.
- Break bread (or puri) with a local family in Telavi, where you’ll be treated to a homecooked meal with some delicious Georgian favourites, traditional wine and chacha (pomace brandy).
- Navigate the organised chaos of the farmers markets in Telavi. Your leader will be there to help you order as much fresh fruit, nuts or pigs heads as you desire.
Spend 10-days in Azerbaijan and Georgia, where historical old towns and monasteries sit comfortably alongside towering skyscrapers. Discover warmth and pride among the ostensible austerity of Azerbaijan culture, then cross into Georgia to devour medieval ruins and traditional wines alike. Visit one of Europe's largest open-air rock museums, warm your hands against a mountain that is forever on fire, walk through the gardens of a local Kakheti family and then chat to them about provincial life over a hearty lunch. From cities to mountains, this trip guarantees encounters that will stay with you forever.
Baku / Qobustan
Caucasus Mountains / Lahij
Gudauri / Stepansminda
- Hotel (8 nights), Guesthouse (1 night)
- 9 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 4 Dinner
- Private Vehicle
- Baku - Caravanserai
- Baku - Shirvan Shah Palace
- Baku - Old City Walking Tour
- Baku - Maiden's Tower
- Qobustan - Petroglyphs
- Shamakhi - Yoghurt making
- Lahic - Copper workshop visit
- Baku - Absheron Peninsula Tour
- Sheki - Khan's Palace
- Nidj - Udin village visit
- Kish - Church
- Kish - Village Visit
- Sheki - Shebeke workshop visit
- Sheki - Bazaar
- Kvareli - Lunch with a Local Family
- Kakheti- Gremi Complex
- Kakheti- Tsinandali Estate Visit
- Kakheti- Telavi Fresh Produce Market Visit
- Telavi - Alaverdi Cathedral
- Stepantsminda - Gergeti Trinity Church Hike
- Tbilisi - Metekhi Church
- Tbilisi - Orientation Walk
- Any international flights to Baku and from Tbilisi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Azerbaijan & Georgia tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 79+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Azerbaijan & Georgia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 05 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Azerbaijan & Georgia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Azerbaijan & Georgia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There’s so much to see in this part of the world and we don't want you to miss anything. The itinerary is densely packed, but there will be the odd free afternoon or evening to explore at your own pace. Please read the itinerary carefully to determine if this will suit you.
- Some of the best scenery in the region is found on foot. So, while this trip doesn't require a high level of fitness, it’s essential to be at least moderately fit if you want to partake in all activities. Make sure you bring comfortable walking shoes with good support.
- This trip has a strong historical focus and is perfect for anyone with an interest in the Caucasus region. Even if you know nothing about the area, you’re bound to find yourself fascinated by the various political and social machinations that have shaped the area.
- If you enjoy experiencing new food, good wine and breathtaking scenery then this is the right trip for you, keep in mind that altitudes can be high (over 2000m) so even in summer a sweater is a good idea.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions