- duration 8 days
- tour type Private Tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 10-60 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Onceinalifetime view of Everest, Kanchenjunga, and Makalu at Tiger Hill (2590 meters)
- Visit the majestic Rumtek Monastery – the largest monastery in Sikkim
- Taste the worldfamous Darjeeling tea
- Spend time with the local ethnic groups – most are ethnically Nepali and Bhutia
Our authentic tour takes you beyond the typical tourist experience for an inside look at the daily lifestyle of locals. Instead of staying for several days in one tourist destination, we spend time in the typical hillside towns of Sikkim, experiencing the charm that makes them each of them unique.
The tour kicks off with a tour of Darjeeling’s most beloved sites and monuments. Visit the Tibetan Self Help Center and watch as Tibetan refugees make beautiful handmade clothes and crafts for purchase. Step into the Dali Monastery, where devoted monks of all ages learn about the dharma and practice the monastic life. If we make the timing right, we’ll hear monks chanting and playing their magnificent instruments.
One highlight of Darjeeling is visiting Tiger Hill for the sunrise. Stare in awe at some of the world’s highest mountains (including Everest, Kanchenjunga, and Makalu!) as the bright orange and red of the rising sun strike them. It is a sight that you will never forget!
After two lovely days in Darjeeling, we move to Pelling and then Yuksom. Pelling is home to the centuries-old Pemayangtse Monastery, a picturesque place with a stunning view. It is the oldest and most well-known monastery in west Sikkim.
The next day of the memorable road trip, we reach Yuksom, where we visit Khecheopalri Lake, originally known as Kha-Chot-Palri (meaning the heaven of Padmasambhava). The lake, considered sacred by both Hindus and Buddhists, is said to grant wishes of those who visit. Every year there is a two-day festival during March or April where hundreds of pilgrims come from all parts of India, Bhutan and Nepal to perform a ritual of floating butter lamps on bamboo boats with khada (sacred scarves) on the lake. If you want to see this for yourself, we can arrange the tour during this festival!
Last but not least, we visit Gangtok, the capital and largest town in Sikkim. Spend the day and a half visiting tea estates and ornate, elegant Buddhist monasteries. Feel a sense of inner peace at these spiritual centers. Rumtek Monastery is a massive monastic center that will blow you away. Enchey Monastery is a more humble-sized one, surrounded by a lush forest. Life is Gangtok moves at a relaxed pace. By the time you leave Gangtok, you will already be planning your next trip there.
Spend a week seeing the best of what Darjeeling and Sikkim have to offer. Learn the history behind the temples, churches, and various historical buildings. Be immersed in the fascinating local cultures, which are exclusive to this area (Darjeeling and Sikkim only). Come and experience their authentic culture!
Join us in the Darjeeling & Sikkim Authentic Cultural Tour anytime of the year. Just be aware of the climate of the area when booking your trip. Ashmita Trek and Tours arranges the tour with full management, including transportation, meals, etc. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions!
Day 1: Arrival to Bagdogra Airport and transfer to Darjeeling.
Day 2: Darjeeling Monastery day tour.
Day 3: Tiger Hill Visit and Toy Train Ride.
Day 4: Drive from Darjeeling to Pelling (2150 meters).
Day 5: Drive from Pelling to Yuksom (1780 meters).
Day 6: Drive from Yuksom to Gangtok (1650 meters).
Day 7: Gangtok Sightseeing
Day 8: Transfer to Airport or NJP Train station
- 7 Nights' accommodation in Deluxe / Premium Hotels.
- Meal Plan - AP breakfast,lunch and dinner.
- Darjeeling world heritage Toy train ride as per ticket available.
- Welcome drink arrivel in hotel.
- Experienced and knowledgeable tour guide
- Breakfast and Lunch each day
- All guided sightseeing tour in private vehicle
- Airport transfers (to and from) in private vehicle
- Indian visa fee
- Personal expenses like tips for driver/ Guide, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Client Travel insurance.
- Air or train fare to and from Sikkim and Darjeeling.
- Save +US$ 46 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Important note : Please note important information for our valuable clients not allowed to carry any kind of satellite phone to Protected and Restricted Area in part of Sikkim and Darjeeling Himalayan. What documentation is required from our guest? For international Travel Documentation : It is the responsibility of the client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits and vaccination and other medical certificates as may be required for the whole of the tour. The company does not accept responsibility for changes in regulations for visas or any particular requirements for visas. The company cannot be held responsible for the failure of the client to obtain the necessary Indian visas. Guest must carry 4 passport sized photographs along with their Photo-ID proof (i.e.Driving License, Passport, Voter-ID Card & School ID Card for children).