- Sightseeing tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Shop at the beautiful Nyaung U local market
- Discover the key sites of Myanmar such as Shwezigon Pagoda, Tu Yin Tuang & Lawka Nandar
- Admire spectacular views of the temples in the distance
Next up on the itinerary is a trip to the Shwezigon Pagoda. Considered to be one of the most popular sites of Bagan, this gilded bell-shaped pagoda is located in the midst of Shwezigon. Once known for stunning wood carvings of nat spirits, the lower terrace now houses a small hall within the temple grounds.
Next up, you will proceed to Tu Yin Taung, a hilltop stupa that is dominated by its 500 monk statues, beautiful location and incredible views of the surrounding plains. Proceed to Lawka Nandar, located in New Bagan, right next to the Irrawaddy River. Featuring 3 octagonal terraces and a cylindrical bell, Lawka Nandar is a bulbous stupa that hosts a Buddha relic and still functions as a place of worship.
Stop at the Nanduwan Restaurant for lunch. After a hearty meal, drive to the jetty where a private boat is waiting to transfer you across the river to Tant Kyi Taung, the last temple on your tour. As you cruise across the Irrawaddy, you can admire the spectacular views of the temples in the distance. Travel by jeep (about 15 minutes) through the countryside to Tant Kyi Taung, a temple that is believed to have been built on the very spot where Buddha stopped on the hill many centuries ago.
On the return drive, you can make a stop at Tant Kyi village for a short walk. Finally, return to Bagan, first crossing the river by boat and then continuing to your hotel by car.
- English-speaking guide
- Transfers and excursion with private vehicle with driver
- Boat and Jeep Trip
- Water and refreshing towel
- Bagan Zone Fee
- Meals other than mentioned
- Any other items not mentioned
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.