- River cruise
- duration 12 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
- max group size 20
Germany’s spectacular backdrops and breathtaking natural wonders will reveal themselves as you cruise along the alluring Moselle and Rhine rivers. Uncover the best-kept secret in river cruising, the Moselle, as you sail past some of Europe’s most serene, village-dotted and vineyard-lined landscapes.
Discover Baden-Baden, a city so stunning that they named it twice. Nestled in the Black Forest, the same forest that inspired the tales of Hansel and Gretel and Snow White, Baden-Baden was once a meeting place for Europe’s rich and famous because of its stunning natural wonders and the healing qualities of the thermal waters there. Established over 2,000 years ago as a place for relaxation, the city’s curative waters help you strike the perfect balance—with thermal waters that bubble upward from 12 natural springs sitting about 6,561 feet under the earth. Experience it for yourself with a trip to the famed Caracalla Spa or Sea Salt Grotto. Or get out, get going and take in Baden-Baden’s enchanting rose gardens, parks, fountains and bridges, and the placid Oos River, on one of many active excursions.
Strasbourg, a dynamic city that has changed its nationality four times, has a lot to offer. With a UNESCO-designated City Center, over 248 miles of biking trails, and hundreds of bakeries, breweries and cafes, you won’t have a shortage of ways to explore the town’s undeniable charm. Savor a one-of-a-kind experience in historic Speyer, where you’ll be treated to a private vinegar tasting at a captivating estate. Explore Cochem’s castle-dotted hillsides with a nighttime visit to Cochem Castle, where you’ll get an unmatched look at the history of the area over hundreds of years. See Germany’s oldest town, Trier, and learn about its rich Roman history on a panoramic walking tour that includes the Emperor Bath, Constantine Basilica, and Karl Marx’s birthplace. Embark on a tour of the neighboring country of Luxembourg and get a feel for its warm, welcoming atmosphere on a tour of its capital. And revel in the picture-perfect winemaking villages of Bernkastel and Boppard. Along the way, you’ll enjoy countless wellness opportunities and excursions, and can enjoy our Traveling Lite menu onboard, featuring dishes with fewer calories as well as vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options. Let the enthralling Moselle and Rhine captivate you.
Day 1: Baden-Baden (Arrive)
Day 2: Baden-Baden
Day 3: Baden-Baden, Strasbourg
Day 4: Strasbourg
Day 5: Speyer
Day 6: Cochem
Day 7: Cochem
Day 8: Trier
Day 9: Trier (Luxembourg)
Day 10: Bernkastel
Day 11: Boppard, Rüdesheim
Day 12: Frankfurt (Disembark)
- 9-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the regal River Queen
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- 2 nights in Baden-Baden at the Dorint Hotel Maison Messmer Baden-Baden (or similar)
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 11 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 9 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 9 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Let's Go” program
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 2 countries: Germany and France
- 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Any international flights to Baden-Baden and from Frankfurt are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Rhine, Moselle & Blissful Baden-Baden (2023) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 150+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Rhine, Moselle & Blissful Baden-Baden (2023) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 October 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Rhine, Moselle & Blissful Baden-Baden (2023) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Rhine, Moselle & Blissful Baden-Baden (2023) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.