- Bicycle tour
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 6 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Visit a local elementary school (if open) and interact with the children
- Stop at the huge reclining Buddha at Luang Phor Lokayasuttha
- Visit Wat Mahathat, Wat Phra Sri Sanphet & Wat Chaiwattanaram
- Enjoy a delicious Thai lunch
After selecting a bicycle and a quick bike fitting we start the tour from our office and follow the road in northern direction through idyllic villages, along rice paddies, and visit a local elementary school (if open) to interact with the children.
We continue the ride and pass Phaniat Royal Elephant Kraal. During Ayutthaya’s heyday this structure was used to entrap wild elephants herded down from the north. The elephant round-ups in the Elephant Kraal were traditionally presided over by Ayutthaya kings who would choose the best and strongest elephants that would be trained for war and labor.
The closer we get to the old capital the more ruins of temples we see along the way. Around 12:30 hrs we will have a Thai lunch at a riverside restaurant.
After lunch we enter the old capital and visit Wat Mahathat, Wat Pra Sri Sanphet and explain you about the history of Ayutthaya and its temples and kings. We continue our bicycle adventure with a short ride over a local market where typical local delicacies are baked, fried, sold and consumed. Not far from the market we make a stop at the huge reclining Buddha, the biggest one in Ayutthaya, at Luang Phor Lokayasuttha.
After we all have taken some pictures of this huge Buddha we continue our ride to another remarkable and beautiful temple on the west riverbank of the Chao Phraya river, Wat Chai Wattanaram. This temple was constructed in 1630 by King Prasat Thong as a memorial of his mother’s residence in that area.
After this impressive temple we continue our ride along the west bank of the Chao Phraya river until we reach the pier to cross the river again back to the city and finish the tour at our office.
If you like to ride a bicycle through the countryside and historical city of Ayutthaya this day trip, filled with rich cultural interest will adds lot of value to your stay in Thailand.
- Bicycle & helmet rent
- Guide fee
- Drinking water during the excursion
- Delicious Thai lunch
- Entrance fee Wat Mahathat, Wat Phra Sri Sanphet and Wat Chai Wattanaram
- Boat crossing
- A unique and unequalled Ayutthaya bicycle experience
- Make it a private tour
- Gratuities/tip for the guide (optional)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical Information> Please be at our place 5-10 minutes prior departing time. > Please note we will visit sacred places/temples. Dress appropriate. > If you have a sensitive skin, bring sunblock > Wear comfortable shoes/trainers a cap and or sunglasses