- City sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit Bang Pa In Summer Palace
- Explore Ayutthaya Historical Park
- See Wat Yai Chaimongkol and Wat Maha That (Buddha head in tree root)
The itinerary is as follows:
6:30 - 7 am: Pick up from major hotels in Bangkok and drive to Ayutthaya by air-conditioned vehicle.
8:30 am: Arrive at the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace, originally built by an Ayutthaya King in 17th Century and restored and maintained by Thai Kings until today. The Royal Family sometimes uses the palace as a residence, or for receptions or banquets. One of the main highlights of the palace is the pavilion in the lake.
10:00 am: Visit Wat Yai Chaimongkol, built in 1357 AD. This is one of the oldest and most important temples of Ayutthaya. One of the outstanding features of this temple is the enormous Chedi (pagoda) built in dedication to King Naresuan the Great to celebrate his victory over a Burmese leader in a combat on elephant back. Visit Wat Phrasrisanphet, The Royal Temple, and also the city's largest temple built in the 14th-century. Also see Wat Phra Non, which is home to a reclining Buddha 42 meters in length and 8 meters high.
12:30 pm: Lunch break at a restaurant. After lunch, visit Ayutthaya, a former capital of Thailand for over 400 years. See the glory and beauty of the city through its temple and palace ruins. Including Wat Mahathat, built before the 14th century. It is believed that Wat Mahathat was the heart and soul of Ayutthaya people and is renowned for Buddha's head in tree roots.
3:00 pm: Depart from Ayutthaya, arriving back in Bangkok and your hotel between 4 and 5 pm.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Admission fees
- Round trip transfers from/to hotel
- English-speaking guide
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPlease be sure to wear clothes that cover the shoulders and knees to show respect while visiting temples.