- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Cycling through stunning countryside past olive groves and vineyards, and through the wild Camargue
- Exploring the great towns of Arles, Avignon and St Remy de Provence
- Experiencing the timelessness of the landscapes made famous by Van Gogh
- Seeing the famous Roman aqueduct Pont du Gard
Explore the quintessential Provence landscape that inspired Van Gogh by barge and bike. Cycle through a revolving landscape from the wilderness of the Camargue where wild horses roam, to scenes of picturesque Provençal villages and vineyards that inspired Van Gogh and the sandy beaches of the Mediterranean. The Camargue is rich in wildlife including flamingos and endemic plants, while its flat plains provide easy cycling, before giving way to the spectacular limestone foothills of the Alpilles. Explore the villages of Provence brimming with tasty treats, art studios and cultural relics. Enjoy the vineyard scenery and marvel at the well preserved Pont du Gard. Relax on board the barge after each day's cycle and enjoy the views on the bank of the Rhone as you soak up the hospitality of the crew.
Day 1 : Arrive Avignon
Day 2 : Cycle near Avignon, afternoon guided tour (30km/18.5mi)
Day 3 : By boat to Aramon then loop cycle to the Roman aqueduct, the Pont du Gard (40km/25mi)
Day 4 : By boat to Vallabrègues then loop cycle through typical Provence countryside (35km/21.5mi)
Day 5 : Cycle to St Remy de Provence and on to Les Baux de Provence and Arles (55km/34mi)
Day 6 : Visit Arles and cycle to Saint Gilles, by boat to Aigues Mortes (25km/15.5mi)
Day 7 : Discover the Camargue by bike (55km/34mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation aboard a boat with private facilities on a twin share basis
- 7 breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7 dinners (does not include drinks). Breakfast is buffet style and will usually consist of bread, ham/salami, cheese, butter, marmalade/jams, yoghurt, cereals, milk, tea and coffee. At breakfast you will prepare your packed lunch which will be sandwiches, juice or 1/2L of water. At dinner you can enjoy typical dishes of the simple traditional Provençal cuisine. Dinner consists of a starter, a main course and dessert. On the table there will always be water and bread.
- Bike rental with gel saddles, puncture resistant tyres, pannier, padlock, water bottle and helmet. A repair kit is provided if self guided. Electric bikes are available on request and an additional supplement applies.
- Guided visit of Arles
- Bike insurance for loss or damage
- Tour leader
- Detailed route description, maps and information pack per cabin booked
- Sheets and towels
- Harbour charges
- Tea and coffee on board
- Support van in the area for alternate excursions and emergencies
- Emergency hotline
- GPS Tracks are available on request
- Drinks on board
- Entry to museums
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Travel to/from Avignon and Aigues Mortes
- Supplement to provide vegan or gluten free meals on board
- Entrance to the Pont du Gard area is free, not included however is entrance to the visitor centre (approx. 10 euro).
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 56+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Provence Bike & Boat tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Provence Bike & Boat tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Provence Bike & Boat tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.