- duration 2.5 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Charming scenery throughout our journey
- Take a magical boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto
- Explore worldfamous limestone caves
Discover the magical 30 million year old Waitomo Caves on this amazing return day trip from Auckland. The tour will also take you on a journey through the lush and rolling countryside of the Waikato and King Country regions, giving you a taste of rural New Zealand.
Leaving Auckland in the morning we travel through the Waikato and King Country regions, passing by flourishing farmland and picturesque countryside. Your experienced local driver guide will provide entertaining commentary and point out highlights along the way, such as Rangiriri, where in 1863 a major battle was fought between colonial forces and those loyal to the Māori King.
On arrival in the small town of Waitomo, you'll meet your knowledgeable local guide, who will give you a tour of the caves including commentary on their fascinating geological and cultural history. Experience a 45-minute guided tour through the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, a series of limestone caves formed over 30 million years ago. Learn all about stalagmites, stalactites and other intriguing rock formations as you walk through the caverns, and finish the tour with an enchanting boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto, illuminated by thousands of tiny glowworms spread across the ceiling like a blanket of stars this is a peaceful and magical experience that's hard to beat.
You will emerge into a picturesque setting of native New Zealand bush before following a short trail back up to the Waitomo Caves visitor complex. Here you can take in the views and enjoy lunch (not included), before returning to Auckland in the afternoon.
- Return Coach Travel from Auckland
- Free WiFi onboard the Bus
- Tour of the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Glowworm Grotto Boat Ride
- Experienced Guide
- Meals & Drinks
- Personal Expenses
- Travel insurance
- Optional gratuities
- Bookmundi is partner with Bamba . You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 6 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 31 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 89 days before departure. For any departures within 16 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Waitomo Glowworm Caves Experience tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Waitomo Glowworm Caves Experience tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.