- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 18 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Auckland and Christchurch
- Oneday Tongariro Crossing (optional) and other exciting walks
- Lake Taupo and Rotorua
- Abel Tasman National Park
From the waterfront city of Auckland to the spectacular Southern Alps, New Zealand is blessed with an array of natural wonders that are best experienced and appreciated by foot and by boat. This active trip maximises the time spent in the outdoors. Whether it's sailing through waterways, hiking between volcanic peaks or jetboating through Mount Aspiring National Park, New Zealand is a country that always exceeds expectations. Make the most of this striking country with this jam-packed itinerary that includes many of the highlights en route.
Day 1: Arrive Auckland
Day 2: Visit Rangitoto Island
Day 3: To Rotorua
Day 4: To Tongariro N.P
Day 5: Hike Tongariro Crossing
Day 6: To Wellington
Day 7: Ferry across Cook Strait to Marlborough; drive to Abel Tasman N.P
Day 8: Half day coastal walk; boat to Motueka
Day 9: To Buller River; sunset walk at Punakaiki
Day 10: To Fox Glacier passing Okarito en route
Day 11: Walk to Fox Glacier; continue to Wanaka
Day 12: Jet boat in Matukituki
Day 13: Transfer to Milford Sound and board overnight boat
Day 14: Cruise Inner Sound; drive to Queenstown
Day 15: Free day in Queenstown
Day 16: Transfer to Mt Cook N.P.; trek in Hooker Valley
Day 17: Drive to Christchurch via Canterbury Plains
Day 18: End Christchurch
- 16 nights in comfortable hotels and lodges, most with en suite facilities, 1 night cruise boat with en-suite facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 6 to 14 plus local leader. Min age 18 yrs
- Travel by private buses
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trails of New Zealand tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 283+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trails of New Zealand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 May 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Trails of New Zealand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trails of New Zealand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.