- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Auckland and Christchurch
- Oneday Tongariro Crossing (optional) and other exciting walks
- Lake Taupo and Rotorua
- Abel Tasman National Park
From the waterfront city of Auckland to the spectacular Southern Alps, New Zealand is blessed with an array of natural wonders that are best experienced and appreciated by foot and by boat. This active trip maximises the time spent in the outdoors. Whether it's sailing through waterways, hiking between volcanic peaks or jetboating through Mount Aspiring National Park, New Zealand is a country that always exceeds expectations. Make the most of this striking country with this jam-packed itinerary that includes many of the highlights en route.
Visit Rangitoto Island
To Tongariro N.P
Hike Tongariro Crossing
Ferry across Cook Strait to Marlborough; drive to Abel Tasman N.P
Half day coastal walk; boat to Motueka
To Buller River; sunset walk at Punakaiki
To Fox Glacier passing Okarito en route
Walk to Fox Glacier; continue to Wanaka
Jet boat in Matukituki
Transfer to Milford Sound and board overnight boat
Cruise Inner Sound; drive to Queenstown
Free day in Queenstown
Transfer to Mt Cook N.P.; trek in Hooker Valley
Drive to Christchurch via Canterbury Plains
Hike to summit walkway for spectacular views
Day 19: End Christchurch.
- 17 nights in comfortable hotels and lodges, most with en suite facilities, 1 night cruise boat with shared facilities , All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Group normally 6 to 14 plus local leader. Min age 18 yrs
- Travel by private buses
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Trails of New Zealand tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 278+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Trails of New Zealand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 795 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 29 May 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Trails of New Zealand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Trails of New Zealand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.