- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience rural NZ country life with a farm visit in Te Anau
- Stop at AJ Hackett Kawarau Bridge
- Tuck into coffee and cake in one of Wellington's cafes, including a 'Heart parcels' brownie with proceeds going towards supporting the homeless
- Join our 2019 Changemaker Parris Quinn in handing out 'Heart Parcels' food to Wellington's homeless (from Oct 2020 selected departures)
This epic trip uncovers every inch of these enchanting islands. Bungee and jet boat in the adventure capital of the world, Queenstown, feast on a ground-smoked Māori 'hangi' in Rotorua, stroll wine trails, visit Hobbiton, hike active volcanoes and experience the otherworldly beauty of Milford Sound in an unforgettable 19 day adventure. Drastic in beauty but humble in charm, New Zealand is here to steal your heart. Get ready for the ultimate adrenaline rush.
Day 1: Christchurch to Lake Ohau via Lake Tekapo
Day 2: Lake Ohau to Te Anau via Arrowtown
Day 3: Te Anau to Queenstown via Milford Sound
Day 4: Queenstown
Day 5: Queenstown
Day 6: Queenstown
Day 7: Queenstown to Franz Josef Glacier via Wanaka & Haast Pass
Day 8: Franz Josef Glacier
Day 9: Franz Josef Glacier to Christchurch via Hokitika & Arther's Pass
Day 10: Christchurch to Wellington via Kaikoura & Picton
Day 11: Wellington
Day 12: Wellington to Mount Ruapehu
Day 13: Mount Ruapehu to Lake Taupo
Day 14: Lake Taupo to Rotorua via Huka Falls
Day 15: Rotorua
Day 16: Rotorua to Auckland
Day 17: Auckland to Paihia via Parry Kauri Park
Day 18: Paihia
Day 19: Paihia to End Auckland
- Throughout your trip you’ll be getting your beauty sleep in cosy, warm beds in multi-share rooms, plus the chance to stay in funky sleeping pods that can be completely enclosed for sleeping and chilling out. Your accommodation will always be located in the heart of the action, with communal areas for you and your new best friends to relax and socialise.
- We'll get 24 of your meals, you get the rest. You can expect a healthy breakfast every morning, as well as authentic fish 'n' chips and a few BBQs along the way. We'll also give you plenty of opportunities to try the best gourmet eats in NZ.
- A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life. An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps. Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past. This is your team. Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Big Tiki tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 74+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Big Tiki tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 07 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Big Tiki tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Big Tiki tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.