- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- See the City of Sails harbour made famous by the Americas Cup
- Take a behind the scenes tour of the of a Kiwi conservation project at the Rainbow Springs Kiwi Encounter
- Tuck into coffee and cake in one of Wellington's cafes, including a 'Heart parcels' brownie with proceeds going towards supporting the homeless
- Join our 2019 Changemaker Parris Quinn in handing out 'Heart Parcels' food to Wellington's homeless (from Oct 2020 selected departures)
Kicking off in Auckland, on this epic winter adventure you'll bungee and skydive in Queenstown, feast on a ground-smoked Māori 'hangi' in Rotorua, stroll wine trails, visit Hobbiton, hike active volcanoes and experience the otherworldly beauty of Milford Sound in an unforgettable 19 day adventure. New Zealand comes alive in winter; get ready for the ultimate adrenaline rush.
Day 1: Auckland to Paihia via Parry Kauri Park
Day 2: Paihia
Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
Day 4: Auckland to Rotorua
Day 5: Rotorua
Day 6: Rotorua to Mount Ruapehu via Huka Falls and Lake Taupo
Day 7: Mount Ruapehu
Day 8: Mount Ruapehu to Wellington
Day 9: Wellington
Day 10: Wellington to Christchurch
Day 11: Christchurch to Franz Josef
Day 12: Franz Josef Glacier
Day 13: Franz Josef Glacier to Queenstown
Day 14: Queenstown
Day 15: Queenstown
Day 16: Queenstown
Day 17: Queenstown to Te Anau via Milford Sound
Day 18: Te Anau to Lake Ohau
Day 19: Lake Ohau to Christchurch via Lake Tekapo
- Throughout your trip you’ll be getting your beauty sleep in cosy, warm beds in multi-share rooms, plus the chance to stay in funky sleeping pods that can be completely enclosed for sleeping and chilling out. Your accommodation will always be located in the heart of the action, with communal areas for you and your new best friends to relax and socialise.
- We'll get 24 of your meals, you get the rest. You can expect a healthy breakfast every morning, as well as authentic fish 'n' chips and a few BBQs along the way. We'll also give you plenty of opportunities to try the best gourmet eats in NZ.
- A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life. An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps. Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past. This is your team. Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
- Any international flights to/from Auckland are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Big Tiki tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 245 today.
- Save US$ 77+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Big Tiki tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 28 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
The Big Tiki tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Big Tiki tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.