- Sightseeing tour
- Local culture
- National parks
- Road trips
- duration 21 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Discover the best scenery, wildlife, cities and towns of New Zealand
- Enjoy a Queenstown sunrise hot air balloon, Polynesian spa, and swim with dolphins
- Take the Interislander Ferry with exclusive access to the Premium Plus Lounge
- Ride the famous TranzAlpine train from Christchurch to Auckland
On the North Island, you’ll travel to the Maori cultural center of Rotorua, visit the native Mitai family, explore the volcanic World Heritage site of Tongariro National Park and visit our two largest cities. After crossing to the South Island on the scenic Interisland Ferry, you will drive a circuit of spectacular scenery. Highlights include the wildlife mecca of Kaikoura, Aoraki, Mount Cook National Park, the mighty West Coast glaciers, and a cruise on the pristine world-acclaimed Milford Sound, just to name a few of the amazing destinations you can look forward to.
The tour is inclusive of all accommodations, a car rental, itinerary, and our full assistance. Please note we have deliberately included in the itinerary some two and three-night stays in some premier locations so that you can immerse yourself into and really enjoy, real Kiwi culture - with the locals! Exciting day to day attractions and activities all included. Please read through the itinerary for more details on the sites, tours and activities available each day.
Geoff Venning at Real New Zealand Tours is a real gem. He is so passionate about New Zealand, very energetic and positive to work with in planning a trip. He is very knowledgeable about all opportunities to live well and enjoy the country. The process of planning our trip was very collaborative - he worked with us to figure out our interests and needs and based on that made suggestions for an itinerary that was exactly what we wanted. During the self-driving journey we felt he and his wife Libby were with us every step of the way. All the detailed arrangements for every day were perfect. Its a little daunting for a somewhat older couple (late 70s) to take on the challenge of three weeks of driving ourselves through a totally new and different place; but they made it easy, safe and fun!”
Day 1: Auckland arrival
Day 2: Explore vibrant Auckland City and twin harbours
Day 3: Auckland to Rotorua: Hobbiton movie tour
Day 4: Explore Rotorua, Maori Villages
Day 5: Lake Rotorua - Wellington via Lake Taupo
Day 6: Wellington, Weta Workshop
Day 7: Interislander Wellington to Picton Marlborough Sounds
Day 8: Picton-Kaikoura via world famous Marlborough vineyards
Day 9: Kaikoura: Whale watch or swim with dolphins, Christchurch
Day 10: Christchurch city hop aboard
Day 11: Christchurch to Mount Cook National Park
Day 12: Mount Cook National Park to Dunedin via Oamaru Wataki valley
Day 13: Explore Dunedin city and the Otago Peninsula Wildlife
Day 14: Dunedin to Lake Te Anau via the spectacular Catlins
Day 15: Milford Sound Nature Cruise - fiords, penguins, seals
Day 16: Lake Te Anau to iconic Queenstown, adventure capital
Day 17: Explore Queenstown and surrounding area
Day 18: Queenstown to Franz Josef Glacier (via Lake Wanaka)
Day 19: Explore Franz Josef Glacier village
Day 20: TranzAlpine Scenic Train: Greymouth to Christchurch
Day 21: Private transfer to Christchurch Airport
- Airport meet & greet service, 24/7 helpline support freephone
- Rental car
- Activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Detailed tour package, itinerary and instructions
- International airfares
- Meals except those indictaed
- Personal expenses such as laundry, bar bills, etc
- Earn US$ 140+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease kindly refer to our website frequently asked questions pages - https://www.realnewzealandtours.com/FAQ/ COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.