- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- max group size 48
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- See the City of Sails harbour made famous by the Americas Cup
- Take a behind the scenes tour of the of a Kiwi conservation project at the Rainbow Springs Kiwi Encounter
- Tuck into coffee and cake in one of Wellington's cafes, including a 'Heart parcels' brownie with proceeds going towards supporting the homeless
- Join our 2019 Changemaker Parris Quinn in handing out 'Heart Parcels' food to Wellington's homeless (from Oct 2020 selected departures)
- Check out the cafe & restaurant scene in Wellington, voted the coolest little capital in the world
Just how much mind-boggling can be packed into a 10-day holiday? Quite a lot when you're prancing around New Zealand. We'll sojourn our way from Auckland to Christchurch, chowing fish'n'chips and Maori hāngi meals, watching geothermic mud pools boil & signing up for adrenalin rushes that will buzz on in our minds 'til we're old and grey.
Day 1: Auckland to Paihia via Parry Kauri Park
Day 2: Paihia
Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
Day 4: Auckland to Rotorua
Day 5: Rotorua
Day 6: Rotorua to Lake Taupo via Huka Falls
Day 7: Lake Taupo to Mount Ruapehu
Day 8: Mount Ruapehu to Wellington
Day 9: Wellington
Day 10: Wellington to Christchurch via Picton and Kaikoura
- We'll get 12 of your meals, you get the rest. You can expect a healthy breakfast every morning, as well as a traditional Maori Hangi and a BBQ or roast along the way. We'll also give you plenty of opportunities to try the best gourmet eats in NZ.
- Throughout your trip you’ll be getting your beauty sleep in comfy beds in cosy multi-share rooms. Your accommodation will always be located in the heart of the action, with communal areas for you and your new best friends to relax and socialise.
- A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life. An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps. Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past. This is your team. Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Northern Choice (Until Sept 2022) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 50+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Northern Choice (Until Sept 2022) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 July 2022, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Northern Choice (Until Sept 2022) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Northern Choice (Until Sept 2022) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children below 16 who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.