- Local culture
- Active and outdoor
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience the Pōhutu Geyser in Rotorua (Included)
- Visit Cathedral Cove (Included)
- Learn about our unique Māori culture (Included)
The North Island is filled with surprising contrasts: from the idyllic Coromandel where you can soak in a hot pool dug in the sand, venture through a geothermal wonderland of geysers, take a side-trip to Middle Earth-esque countryside, have underground adventures in caves lit by glow worms, and admire lush rainforests and even a volcanic desert – you’ll be amazed by it all.
This small-group guided New Zealand North Island tour will visit Coromandel, Rotorua, Taupō, and Wellington, with the option to visit Hobbiton, Waitomo Glowworm Caves and the Tongariro Crossing along the way. You can choose to travel from Auckland through to Wellington, or take the reverse itinerary.
As with all our tours, we do include a few 'must-do' events including a Māori cultural night and traditional Māori hāngī dinner cooked in an underground oven.
You’ll see a massive range of optional activities available to add to this New Zealand North Island tour package, from bungy jumping and white water rafting to canopy forest zipline tours and scenic flights. None of these are compulsory; just add the ones you want.
Accommodation is included on the last night of your New Zealand North Island trip, but we can also book a few extra nights for you if you would like to extend your stay.
**North Island Tour Tips:**
- Activities can also be purchased on the road – just let your tour guide know. We can't always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
- As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation in Auckland or Wellington with us the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on the day the tour starts makes for a stress-free morning!
- The tour price includes dorm share accommodation (4–6 share) but if you would prefer your own space you have the option to upgrade to a private room for the duration of your tour. You can select this upgrade when you start building your tour online. Please note: private room upgrades are not available for the one-night shared cultural experience (Murupara).
Day 1 Auckland to Coromandel
Day 2 Coromandel to Rotorua
Day 3 Rotorua
Day 4 Rotorua to Murupara
Day 5 Murupara to Taupō
Day 6 Taupo
Day 7 Taupō to Wellington
- High-end hostel accommodation
- 6 nights in high-end hostel accommodation (dorm share as standard) and 1 night shared cultural experience
- Tasty continental breakfasts every day
- Eat a traditional Māori hāngī meal cooked in an underground oven
- Comfortable bus transport
- Passionate Kiwi guides
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
- Journey through multiple National Parks
- Stunning walk to the spectacular arched cavern of Coromandel’s Cathedral Cove
- Learn a haka and learn to weave flax with a local iwi (tribe)
- Visit Te Puia – a local arts and culture centre – to learn more about traditional Māori culture and discover Rotorua’s geothermal wonders.
- See kiwi birds up close and personal
- Follow your nose to Rotorua’s bubbling mud pools
- Discover what makes Huka Falls the most visited natural attraction in NZ
- Check out the views from Matairangi/Mount Victoria, Wellington
- Fall in love with Wellington’s cafe and craft beer culture
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this North Island Adventure Tour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 39+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this North Island Adventure Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 November 2021, a deposit of 70 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
North Island Adventure Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North Island Adventure Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.