- City sightseeing
- Active and outdoor
- National parks
- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- A Night of Glamping Under Southern Stars
- Brave the Redwoods Treewalk
- An Unmissable Māori Cultural Experience and Hāngi
Created for travellers in their mid-thirties and upwards, on this New Zealand bus tour you will discover New Zealand’s unmissable highlights in just under three weeks: geothermal wonders, other-wordly glaciers, sublime beaches, lush forests, lofty mountains, secluded swimming spots, UNESCO World Heritage Areas, flora, fauna, heritage and culture.
This 20 day New Zealand Coach Tour includes special activities such as one of the world’s most scenic train journeys, a guided scenic e-bike tour, a traditional Māori meal, and a walk amidst towering – and magically lit – treetops, and a night of glamping. You can also choose to select some tour add-ons such as hiking the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, kayaking to a natural hot pool, climbing a glacier, visiting an off-shore eco-sanctuary, visiting Hobbiton, or flying above an active volcano!
You’ll have the chance to swim, kayak, hike a glacier, skydive, see kiwis, relax in hot pools, roll down a hill in a giant ball, eat and drink like a local, and more! This is your trip, and it’s designed to be flexible. The choice is yours – pick the activities that appeal to you.
We'll fill your days with the best things to see in do in the North Island and the South Island and also give you a great insight into New Zealand life and culture. At the end of the day, you can relax in comfortable 3–4 star accommodation to ensure you have a great night’s sleep ready for the following day’s activities.
On this tour you’ll encounter an array of landscapes: lush, green rolling hills; beautiful golden sand beaches, tumbling waterfalls, geothermal valleys filled with bubbling mud and sulphuric lakes, magnificent mountains, icy glaciers, jurassic rainforests, cosy laid-back surf towns and vibrant cities. Prepare your camera and get ready to make some magical memories on this premium New Zealand bus tour!
Day 1 Auckland
Day 2 Auckland to Coromandel
Day 3 Coromandel to Raglan
Day 4 Raglan to Rotorua (via Waitomo)
Day 5 Rotorua
Day 6 Rotorua to National Park (via Taupō)
Day 7 National Park
Day 8 National Park to Wellington
Day 9 Wellington
Day 10 Wellington to Kaikōura
Day 11 Kaikōura to Christchurch
Day 12 Christchurch to Ohau (via Lake Tekapo)
Day 13 Ohau to Queenstown
Day 14 Queenstown
Day 15 Queenstown to Wanaka
Day 16 Wanaka
Day 17 Wanaka to Franz Josef
Day 18 Franz Josef
Day 19 Franz Josef to Christchurch
Day 20 Christchurch (post tour debrief)
- Stay each night in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: a mix of hotels, motels, lodges, and rainforest retreats.
- 19 nights in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: a mix of hotels, motels, lodges, and rainforest retreats.
- Feast on 11 continental breakfasts and 4 dinners, including a traditional Māori hāngī cooked in an underground oven.
- Comfortable and air-conditioned bus transport
- Ride one of the most scenic ferry journeys in the world, over the Cook Strait.
- Passionate and knowledgeable local Kiwi guide
- Orientation tour of each and every location
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
- Walk a stunning coastal track to Cathedral Cove (as seen in the Chronicles of Narnia movies).
- Take in the stunning Southern Alps and the vast Canterbury Plains aboard the TranzAlpine, New Zealand’s finest inland rail journey.
- Watch a Māori cultural performance and check out a geothermal valley of bubbling mud pools including the famous Pōhutu Geyser in Rotorua.
- See endangered kiwi birds up close and personal.
- Soak up a sunset boat cruise in the West Coast surf town of Raglan – the fish and chips are on us!
- Spend one night at Oasis Yurts, Wanaka - the perfect place to relax, unwind and reconnect in the natural environment.
- Brave the Redwoods Treewalk, crossing 23 raised suspension bridges.
- Hike through the forested gorge of Ruakuri (45 minutes) – bring your camera for this one.
- Stay in Tongariro National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Area.
- Taste some of the world’s best sauvignon blanc at a Marlborough wine tasting.
- Cruise through Wanaka on a scenic e-bike (bicycle with electric motor) experience.
- Carve your own pounamu (jade) pendant in Franz Josef.
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand Uncovered tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 170+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand Uncovered tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 09 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 09 November 2021, a deposit of 70 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand Uncovered tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand Uncovered tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.