- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Take a behind the scenes tour of the of a Kiwi conservation project at the Rainbow Springs Kiwi Encounter
- Depart Ohinemutu with a traditional Poroporoaki, Māori farewell ceremony
- Visit the New Zealand Kiwi Hatchery at Rainbow Springs near Rotorua and hear about their efforts to save New Zealand's adorable national bird
- Take a lunch stop in the North Island's lakeside resort town of Taupo
Sometimes you just want to get off the tourist trails. Sometimes you're on the hunt for local experiences. Sometimes you're hungry for accommodation that's truly special - accessible only by boat, or not usually open to the public. That's why we've put together New Zealand Off-Grid. From learning the ways of Māori culture to hand-feeding parakeets in the wilderness of Lochmara, this isn't more of the same: this is the future of travel - conscious, hyper-local and as authentic as it gets.
Day 1: Auckland to Raglan
Day 2: Raglan to Rotorua
Day 3: Rotorua
Day 4: Rotorua to Blue Duck Station
Day 5: Blue Duck Station
Day 6: Blue Duck Station to Wellington
Day 7: Wellington to Marlborough Sounds
Day 8: Marlborough Sounds
Day 9: Marlborough Sounds to Christchurch
Day 10: Christchurch to Mt Cook
Day 11: Mt Cook to Glenorchy
Day 12: Glenorchy
Day 13: Glenorchy to Queenstown
Day 14: Queenstown
Day 15: Queenstown
- We'll get 16 of your meals, you get the rest. You can expect an included breakfast most mornings, as well as authentic Māori hangi, a breakfast buffet in the shadow of the mighty Mt Cook and a fresh farm to table meal at the Blue Duck Station. We'll also give you plenty of opportunities to try the best gourmet eats in NZ, with killer tips to find the perfect flat white, hokey-pokey icecream or pulled lamb pie.
- A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life. An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps. Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past. This is your team. Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Queenstown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand Off-Grid tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 202 today.
- Save US$ 64+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand Off-Grid tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 18 August 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
New Zealand Off-Grid tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand Off-Grid tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.