- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycle through the stunning Karangahake Gorge.
- Check out bubbling mud pools in a geothermal area.
- Learn a traditional Maori greeting on the marae.
- Hike the Tongariro Crossing — one of the world's greatest oneday hikes.
The North Island of New Zealand is blessed with spectacular scenery, ranging from bubbling thermal pools to fast flowing rivers. The best way to see all of this? Get up close and personal. This itinerary includes biking through Karangahake Gorge and hiking the Tongariro Crossing — one of the world's most famous one-day hikes — before jet boats and kayaks provide the transport along the Whanganui River. Mix in some bubbling mud and a traditional hangi dinner, and this is the perfect active introduction to New Zealand.
Day 1: Auckland
Day 2: Auckland/Rotorua
Day 3: Rotorua
Day 4: Rotorua/Tongariro National Park
Day 5: Tongariro National Park/Whanganui National Park
Day 6: Whanganui National Park
Day 7: Whanganui National Park/Raglan
Day 8: Raglan/Auckland
- Hotels (4 nts), Maori village (1 nt, multi-share), lodges (2 nts, some multi-share).
5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD145-190 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, jet boat, kayak, bicycle, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Maori Village Overnight Visit, Rotorua
- Cycle through Karangahake Gorge
- Traditional hangi dinner
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing hiking excursion (weather dependent)
- Jet boat and kayak along Whanganui River
- Free time in Rotorua and Waitomo
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to/from Auckland are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand – North Island Multisport tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand – North Island Multisport tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand – North Island Multisport tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand – North Island Multisport tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.