- Active and outdoor
- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 11
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Come face to face with unforgettable natural wonders during a day in Tongariro National Park, where you can hike, mountain bike or soar overhead in New Zealand’s largest gondola.
- Discover the famous sulphur hot pools of Rotorua, then sit down to a dinner you won’t forget – a traditional Maori hangi meal cooked underground with hot stones.
- Hike through the beautiful Coromandel Forest Park, passing through native bush and taking in showstopping views of the Kauaeranga Valley, Hauraki Plains and Billygoat Basin.
- Learn the history and traditions of Maori tribes in Waimarama as you join a local Maori guide for an exploration of the region.
- Taste the best of Napier during visits to three local wineries; sip fantastic local wines accompanied with regional food platters and soak in beautiful views while you’re at it.
Discover a place of natural beauty, creativity and rich culture on a 10-day journey through New Zealand’s North Island. Kick things off in animated Auckland before heading south to dip your toes in the Pacific Ocean and hike through the greenery of Coromandel Forest Park. Sink into natural hot pools in Rotorua, marvel at the massive Lake Taupo, explore the varied landscapes of Tongariro National Park and sip local wine in Napier. From Maori culture to otherworldly wonders, this is an island worth getting to know.
Day 1: Auckland
Day 2: Coromandel Peninsula / Whitianga
Day 3: Coromandel Peninsula / Rotorua
Day 4: Rotorua
Day 5: Lake Taupo / Tongariro National Park
Day 6: Tongariro National Park
Day 7: Napier / Hawke's Bay
Day 8: Waimarama / Hawke's Bay
Day 9: Greytown / Wellington
Day 10: Wellington
- Hotel (7 nights), Eco Lodge (2 nights)
- 5 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Auckland - Leader-led harbour walk
- Coromandel Peninsula - Cathedral Cove
- Coromandel Peninsula - Hot Water Beach
- Coromandel Peninsula - Coromandel Forest Park & Billygoat Circuit Hike with Picnic Lunch
- Rotorua - Traditional Maori Hangi Dinner
- Rotorua - Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Taupo - Huka Falls & Lake Taupo
- Napier - Winery Visits with Wine & Produce Tastings
- Napier - Eco Farm Tour
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand North Island Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 92+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand North Island Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 June 2022, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand North Island Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand North Island Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There are several walks planned on this itinerary. A reasonable level of fitness and appropriate footwear and clothing will allow you to fully enjoy this adventure.
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.