- Mount Cook
- Tongariro National Park
This small group German-speaking tour showcases the best of New Zealand’s nature: discover flora and fauna, native bird life, rainforests, geysers, lonely mountain roads, river valleys, glaciers, and wild coasts as you travel from Auckland to Christchurch (or reverse) over three weeks.
This premium nature tour features a number of superb hikes, including the well-known Tongariro Crossing; plus the opportunity to get up close to the New Zealand wildlife including endangered birds on Kapiti Island Nature Reserve; fur seals in their natural habitat at Cape Foulwind; and an overnight cruise through the incredible Doubtful Sounds (known as the 'Sound of Silence), a hidden gem compared to the more famous Milford Sounds, and home to one of the southernmost populations the bottlenose dolphins.
With an experienced German-speaking tour guide you will travel in a comfortable minibus, with a maximum of 9 guests. Choose from a selection of guaranteed departure dates
Day 1 Auckland
Day 2 Auckland to Rotorua
Day 3 Rotorua to Tongariro National Park
Day 4 Tongariro National Park
Day 5 Tongariro National Park to Kapiti Coast
Day 6 Kapiti Coast to Wellington
Day 7 Wellington
Day 8 Wellington to Nelson
Day 9 Nelson
Day 10 Nelson to Hokitika
Day 11 Hokitika to Fox Glacier
Day 12 Fox Glacier to Wanaka
Day 13 Wanaka
Day 14 Wanaka to Te Anau
Day 15 Te Anau to Doubtful Sound
Day 16 Doubtful Sound to Dunedin
Day 17 Dunedin to Mount Cook
Day 18 Mount Cook
Day 19 Mount Cook to Christchurch
Day 20 Christchurch
- Included transport, accommodation and meals:
- - 18 nights in mid-range hotels and motels
- - 19 x breakfasts (B), 3 x light lunches (L) and 6 x dinners (D)
- - Dinner with a New Zealand family
- - Airport transfers in Auckland and Christchurch
- - Minibus from Auckland to Christchurch with an experienced German-speaking naturalist driver/guide
- - Ferry crossing from the North to the South Island
- - Guided evening tour in Zealandia Ecosanctuary
- - 1 night on a boat cruise in Doubtful Sound
- Included activities and experiences:
- - A cultural 4WD tour with insights into the life, land and heritage of the Ngāti-Pikiao in the Rotorua area
- - Visit to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- - Tongariro Alpine Crossing day hike
- - Excursion to Kapiti Island
- - Catamaran trip in Abel Tasman National Park followed by a hike
- - Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise
- - Monarch Wildlife Cruise with observation of royal albatrosses
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand Nature Tour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 183+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand Nature Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 November 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 November 2022, a deposit of 57 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand Nature Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand Nature Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Guests are requested to follow the hygiene guidelines from WHO including the regular washing of hands. Hand sanitiser will also be readily available on tour
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols