- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycle through the stunning Karangahake Gorge.
- Learn a traditional Maori greeting on the marae.
- Hike the Tongariro Crossing — one of the world's greatest oneday hikes.
- Kayak along the Whanganui River.
Travelling to New Zealand? Don't worry, you won't have to choose between the two islands. With all the activities available on each island, we'll keep things exciting but also give you some space to catch your breath — you're gonna need it. Across three weeks you can hike, kayak, and cycle across this diverse land. There's also time for boat cruises and local culture, just to be sure you don't miss out on anything.
Day 1: Auckland
Day 2: Auckland/Rotorua
Day 3: Rotorua
Day 4: Rotorua/Tongariro National Park
Day 5: Tongariro National Park/Whanganui National Park
Day 6: Whanganui National Park
Day 7: Whanganui National Park/Raglan
Day 8: Raglan/Christchurch
Day 9: Christchurch/Kaikoura
Day 10: Kaikoura/Nelson
Day 11: Nelson
Day 12: Nelson/Lake Brunner
Day 13: Lake Brunner/Franz Josef
Day 14: Franz Josef
Day 15: Franz Josef/Wanaka
Day 16: Wanaka/Queenstown
Day 17: Queenstown
Day 18: Queenstown
Day 19: Queenstown/Twizel
Day 20: Twizel
Day 21: Twizel/Christchurch
Day 22: Christchurch
- Hotels/hostels (18 nts, some multi-share), lodges (2 nts), Maori village (1 nt, multi-share).
17 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
Note: Allow USD485-630 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, jet boat, kayak, bicycle, boat, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Maori Village Overnight Visit, Rotorua
- Your Discover Moment: Franz Josef
- Cycle through Karangahake Gorge
- Traditional hangi dinner
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing hiking excursion (weather dependent)
- Jet boat and kayaking along Whanganui River
- Free time in Rotorua and Waitomo
- Abel Tasman National Park hike
- Sea kayaking in Abel Tasman National Park
- Punakaiki pancake rocks visit
- Seal colony stop
- Okarito Lagoon walk
- Full-day Routeburn Track hiking excursion
- Fiordland National Park visit
- Cruise through Milford Sound
- Mt Cook cycling excursion
- Hike the Mt Cook area
- Orientation walk in Christchurch
- Free time in Franz Josef and Queenstown
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand Multisport tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 162+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand Multisport tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand Multisport tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand Multisport tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ActiveHiking, trekking, biking, rafting, and kayaking adventures all over the world, made for outdoor types.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.