- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- See bubbling technicolour pools in a geothermal park.
- Cruise through fjords.
- Spot glowworms in the Waitomo Caves.
- Experience a traditional Maori dinner
Part of our new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection, this trip features a smaller group size, private transportation, en-suite bathrooms, and a discounted rate for My Own Room. See Middle Earth with your own eyes on this nine-day tour through the best of New Zealand. Explore the stunning North Island and its geothermal park, and cruise along fjords, cliff walls, and waterfalls in Doubtful Sound. Cross a few items off your bucket list by visiting the adventure capital of the world with pretty much every thrilling sport at your fingertips (paragliding, skydiving, jet boating). It is, after all, the birthplace of the bungee jump.
Day 1: Auckland
Day 2: Auckland/Rotorua
Day 3: Rotorua
Day 4: Rotorua/Christchurch
Day 5: Christchurch/Lake Ohau
Day 6: Lake Ohau/Queenstown
Day 7: Doubtful Sound
Day 8: Queenstown
Day 9: Queenstown
- Hotels (8 nts)
8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD255-335 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, walking, plane, boat.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Resourceful Ōtautahi Walking Tour, Christchurch
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Foodie Moment: Winery Visit, Central Otago District
- Your Discover Moment: Queenstown
- Waitomo Caves visit
- Maori cultural experience
- Orientation walk in Christchurch
- Wine tasting
- Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park visit with hiking opportunity (weather permitting)
- Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park Visitor's Centre visit
- Fiordland National Park visit
- Doubtful Sound day cruise
- Free time in Rotorua and Queenstown
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Queenstown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand Express — Plus tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 115 today.
- Save US$ 76+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand Express — Plus tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 12 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
New Zealand Express — Plus tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand Express — Plus tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Merchandising : Travel with Confidence PlusThis Collection of 37 incredible small group tours features everything we’re doing as part of our Travel with Confidence Policy on all of our tours, PLUS added steps that go that extra, physically distanced mile.
- 5. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.