- Food tour
- Active and outdoor
- duration 19 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Doubtful Sound Cruise through the towering fjords of the UNESCO World Heritage Fjordland National Park
- Abel Tasman Explore the sparkling blue waters and golden coastline of this beautiful coastal national park
- Glaciers Take walks through dramatic glacier valleys
- Napier and Hawke's Bay Admire the art deco buildings of Napier and sample wine in the vineyards of Hawkes's Bay
- Wanaka Discover the adrenalinefuelled activities around New Zealand's adventure capital
Combining the best of New Zealand's North and South islands, explore the land of giants and discover jaw-dropping scenery and dramatic landscapes around every corner. Sailing through mist-shrouded fjords, hiking in spectacular glacial valleys and spotting coastal wildlife on the very southern tip of the country, discover a little bit of magic at the other side of the world. Doubtful Sound - Cruise through the towering fjords of this UNESCO Heritage Site, quieter and more rugged than its famous neighbour, Milford Sound Abel Tasman - Discover the sparkling blue waters and golden coastline of this beautiful national park, by boat and on foot Hawke's Bay - Sample authentic New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc in this famous wine-making region
Day 1 : Join trip in Auckland
Day 2 : Explore Auckland; visit Hobbiton and drive to the Bay of Plenty
Day 3 : Free day on the coast; take a boat trip to a protected wildlife colony or visit the Wai-O-Tapu geothermal pools. Evening Maori banquet
Day 4 : Drive to Gisborne through the Waioeka Gorge
Day 5 : Drive to Napier; visit Hawke's Bay vineyard
Day 6 : Free time in Napier; drive to Wellington
Day 7 : Free day to explore the capital
Day 8 : Ferry across the Cook Strait to Picton; drive to Nelson
Day 9 : Explore the Abel Tasman National Park by boat and on foot
Day 10 : Scenic drive on the Great Coast Road to Hokitika
Day 11 : Visit Franz Josef Glacier en route to Fox Glacier
Day 12 : Explore Fox Glacier then travel to Wanaka
Day 13 : Free day in Wanaka
Day 14 : Visit Queenstown and see glowworms en route to Te Anau
Day 15 : Take a cruise on the magnificent Doubtful Sound
Day 16 : Drive to Dunedin; afternoon wildlife cruise to see albatross
Day 17 : Drive to Mackenzie Country via the Moeraki Boulders
Day 18 : Drive to Christchurch
Day 19 : Trip ends in Christchurch
- 18 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Copthorne Hotel - Auckland (1 night)
- White Island Rendezvous Motel (2 nights)
- Champers Motor Lodge (1 night)
- Quality Inn (1 night)
- West Plaza Hotel (2 nights)
- The Beachcomber (2 nights)
- Beachfront Hotel (1 night)
- Heartland Hotel (1 night)
- Wanaka Hotel (2 nights)
- Kingsgate Te Anau (2 nights)
- Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin (1 night)
- Mackenzie Inn (1 night)
- Heartland Hotel Cotswold Christchurch (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Earn US$ 222+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 July 2022, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Rigorous hygiene safety measures will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be either fully vaccinated atleast 14 days prior to departure or have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.