- Food tour
- Active and outdoor
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Doubtful Sound Stay overnight on a boat in the UNESCO World Heritage Fjordland National Park
- Abel Tasman Explore the sparkling blue waters and golden coastline of this beautiful coastal national park
- Glaciers Take walks through dramatic glacier valleys
- Napier and Hawke's Bay Admire the art deco buildings of Napier and sample wine in the vineyards of Hawkes's Bay
Combining the best of New Zealand's North and South islands, explore the land of giants and discover jaw-dropping scenery and dramatic landscapes around every corner. Sailing through mist-shrouded fjords, hiking in spectacular glacial valleys and spotting coastal wildlife on the very southern tip of the country, discover a little bit of magic at the other side of the world. Doubtful Sound - Cruise through the towering fjords of this UNESCO Heritage Site, sleeping overnight on the boat on 2021 itineraries Abel Tasman - Discover the sparkling blue waters and golden coastline of this beautiful national park, by boat and on foot Hawke's Bay - Sample authentic New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc in this famous wine-making region
Day 1 : Join trip in Auckland
Day 2 : Explore Auckland; visit Hobbiton and drive to the Bay of Plenty
Day 3 : Free day on the coast; take a boat trip to a protected wildlife colony or visit the Wai-O-Tapu geothermal pools. Evening Maori banquet
Day 4 : Drive to Gisborne through the Waioeka Gorge
Day 5 : Drive to Napier; visit Hawke's Bay vineyard
Day 6 : Free time in Napier; drive to Wellington
Day 7 : Free day to explore the capital
Day 8 : Ferry across the Cook Strait to Picton; drive to Nelson
Day 9 : Explore the Abel Tasman National Park by boat and on foot
Day 10 : Scenic drive on the Great Coast Road to Hokitika
Day 11 : Visit Franz Josef Glacier en route to Fox Glacier
Day 12 : Explore Fox Glacier then travel to Wanaka
Day 13 : Free day in Wanaka
Day 14 : Overnight cruise on the Doubtful Sound
Day 15 : Sail back to the mainland; drive to Dunedin
Day 16 : Free morning; afternoon wildlife cruise to see albatross
Day 17 : Drive to Mackenzie Country via the Moeraki Boulders
Day 18 : Drive to Christchurch
Day 19 : Trip ends in Christchurch
- Copthorne Hotel - Auckland (1 night)
- White Island Rendezvous Motel (2 nights)
- Emerald Hotel (1 night)
- Quality Inn (1 night)
- West Plaza Hotel (2 nights)
- Harbourside Motor Lodge (2 nights)
- Beachfront Hotel (1 night)
- Heartland Hotel (1 night)
- Wanaka Hotel (2 nights)
- Fjordland Navigator (1 night)
- Kingsgate Hotel Dunedin (2 nights)
- Mackenzie Inn (1 night)
- Heartland Hotel Cotswold (1 night)
- 18 Breakfasts, 2 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader / Driver
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 336 today.
- Earn US$ 223+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 01 May 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 01 May 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.