- Photography tour
- Chill out
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Surf worldfamous waves.
- Experience a historic Maori village with a local guide.
- Get the adrenaline pumping in Rotorua.
- Dance the night away in Wellington.
Now's the time to explore New Zealand on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. New Zealand’s North Island may be the smaller of the two, but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in adventure. Over this seven-day tour, you'll hop in a sea kayak to explore a secluded harbour, learn about Maori culture from the source, and learn how to surf. There's no better way to live, breathe, and paddle the New Zealand experience.
Day 1: Auckland
Day 2: Auckland/Raglan
Day 3: Raglan
Day 4: Raglan/Rotorua
Day 5: Rotorua/Taupo
Day 6: Taupo/Wellington
Day 7: Wellington
- Hostels (4 nts, multi-share with 4-6 people), basic lodges (2 nts). Most nights are multi-share on this trip.
6 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD155-205 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, kayak, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Hands-On Moment: Surf Lesson, Raglan
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Wellington
- Conservation farm visit (Raglan)
- Sea kayaking excursion (Raglan)
- Maori cultural experience
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand: Best of the North Island tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 40 today.
- Earn US$ 26+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand: Best of the North Island tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 28 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 28 April 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand: Best of the North Island tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand: Best of the North Island tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.