- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Surf worldfamous waves.
- Experience a historic Maori village with a local guide.
- Get the adrenaline pumping in Rotorua.
- Dance the night away in Wellington.
Now's the time to explore New Zealand on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. New Zealand’s North Island may be the smaller of the two, but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in adventure. Over this ten-day tour, you'll hop in a sea kayak to explore a secluded harbour, learn about the Maori culture from the source, and stay overnight on a houseboat. There's no better way to live, breathe, and paddle the New Zealand experience.
Day 1: Auckland
Day 2: Auckland/Raglan
Day 3: Raglan
Day 4: Raglan/Rotorua
Day 5: Rotorua/Taupo
Day 6: Taupo/Wellington
Day 7: Wellington
- Hostels (4 nts, multi-share with 4-6 people), basic lodges (2 nts). Most nights are multi-share on this trip.
6 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD155-205 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, kayak, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Hands-On Moment: Surf Lessons, Raglan
- Your Big Night Out Moment: in Wellington, Wellington
- Conservation farm visit (Raglan)
- Sea kayaking excursion (Raglan)
- Maori cultural experience
- Orientation walk in Wellington
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this New Zealand: Best of the North Island tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 46 today.
- Save US$ 31+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this New Zealand: Best of the North Island tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure.Travel Insurance
New Zealand: Best of the North Island tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this New Zealand: Best of the North Island tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.