- Sightseeing tour
- National parks
- duration 21 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Fully guided
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- See the best of New Zealand's wildlife, scenery, heritage sites and cities
- Visit world famous Milford Sound and the mighty Franz Josef Glacier
- Whale watch or swim with the dolphins in Kaikoura
- View stunning scenery aboard the the Interisland Ferry and the TranzAlpine train
In the North Island, you’ll travel to the Maori cultural center of Rotorua, visit the native Mitai family, pass the volcanic World Heritage site of Tongariro National Park and visit our two largest cities. After crossing to the South Island on the scenic Interisland Ferry, your guide will take you on a circuit of spectacular scenery. Highlights include the wildlife mecca of Kaikoura, Aoraki - Mount Cook National Park, the mighty West Coast glaciers and a cruise on the pristine world-acclaimed Milford Sound, just to name a few of the amazing destinations you can look forward to!
Day 1: Arrive in Auckland
Day 2: Explore vibrant Auckland City and twin harbours
Day 3: Hobbiton Movie Set tour, Shires Rest and Lake Rotorua
Day 4: Explore Rotorua
Day 5: Lake Rotorua to Wellington via Lake Taupo
Day 6: Wellington and area
Day 7: Interislander Wellington to Picton Marlborough Sounds
Day 8: Picton-Kaikoura via world famous Marlborough vineyards
Day 9: Kaikoura: Whale watch or swim with dolphins, Christchurch
Day 10: Christchurch city hop aboard
Day 11: Christchurch to Mount Cook National Park
Day 12: Mount Cook to Dunedin via Oamaru Wataki valley
Day 13: Explore Dunedin city and the Otago Peninsula Wildlife
Day 14: Dunedin to Lake Te Anau via the spectacular Catlins
Day 15: Milford Sound Nature Cruise - fiords, penguins, seals
Day 16: Lake Te Anau to iconic Queenstown, adventure capital
Day 17: Explore Queenstown and surrounding area
Day 18: Queenstown to Franz Josef Glacier (via Lake Wanaka)
Day 19: Explore Franz Josef Glacier village
Day 20: TranzAlpine Scenic Train Greymouth to Christchurch
Day 21: Private transfer to Christchurch Airport
- Private airport transfers and train station transfers.
- Vehicle, late model
- Private driver-guide
- Activities and tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- All accommodations
- Interislander ferry crossing, TranzAlpine Train from Greymouth to Christchurch, Real Journeys Milford Sound
- Internaitonal airfare
- Meals except where indicated
- Personal expenses
- Save US$ 299 today.
- Earn US$ 199+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease kindly refer to our website - facts, helpful tips and frequently asked questions pages - https://www.realnewzealandtours.com/FAQ/ https://www.realnewzealandtours.com/Planning-Your-Trip/NZ-Facts/ COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travelers safe.