- Active and outdoor
- National parks
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 17 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Overnight stay in a traditional Maori marae and hangi dinner
- Visit Lake Taupo and Huka Falls
- Orientation walk of Tongariro National Park with Trip Leader
- Orientation walk of Wellington with Trip Leader
Fast-paced fun with tons of socialising, bucket-list sights and good times all round. Home of Lord of the Rings, Crowded House and the World's Sexiest Accent - there's no doubt this little country has a BIG reputation for being jam-packed with pure awesomeness. Don't waste time choosing between North and South, adventure or chill, culture or landscapes - bungy out of boring and dive headfirst into the best 17 days of your life. We're waiting.
Day 1 : Auckland to Marae Stay, via Waitomo
Day 2 : Rotorua
Day 3 : Rotorua to Tongariro National Park, via Lake Taupo
Day 4 : Tongariro National Park
Day 5 : Tongariro National Park to Wellington
Day 6 : Wellington
Day 7 : Wellington to Nelson
Day 8 : Nelson
Day 9 : Nelson to Kaikoura
Day 10 : Kaikoura to Christchurch
Day 11 : Christchurch to Franz Josef Glacier region via Hokitika
Day 12 : Franz Josef Glacier region to Queenstown
Day 13 : Queenstown
Day 14 : Queenstown
Day 15 : Queenstown
Day 16 : Queenstown to Lake Ohau via Arrowtown
Day 17 : Lake Ohau to Christchurch via Lake Tekapo
- 3 nights in lodges
- 12 nights in a hostel
- 1 night in a traditional Maori marae
- 16 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners
- Air-conditioned coach
- Trip Leader throughout the tour
- FYI: these are optional activities available locally. Things might change
- prices are here to give you a rough idea.
- Waitomo Caves (boat cruise): from $55
- Ruakuri Cave: from $76
- Blackwater rafting at Waitomo Caves: from $147
- Visit the Hobbiton movie set: from $124
- Canopy tour: from $159
- Visit the geothermal mud bath and spa: from $75
- Zorbing in Rotorua: from $45
- Whitewater rafting in Rotorua: from $90
- Hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing with a local guide: from $195
- Quad biking in Tongariro National Park: from $155
- Guided kayaking and seal
- spotting tour in Abel Tasman National Park: from $150
- day guided tour of Abel Tasman National Park: from $92
- Skydiving in Abel Tasman National Park: from $329
- hike excursion in Franz Josef Glacier region: from $499
- Scenic flight over Franz Josef Glacier: from $280
- Jet boating in Queenstown: from $159
- Canyon swinging in Queenstown: from $249
- Bungy jumping in Queenstown: from $205
- Skydiving in Queenstown: from $359
- Scenic cruise on Milford Sound (including lunch): prices available locally
- Funyaking in Queenstown: from $399
- Wilderness Jet adventure in Queenstown: from $259
- Whitewater rafting down the Shotover River: from $239
- Mountain biking excursion in Arrowtown: prices available locally
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Get Social: New Zealand tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 94+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Get Social: New Zealand tour. You can cancel the tour up to 64 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 63 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 November 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 63 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Get Social: New Zealand tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Get Social: New Zealand tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour follows COVID-19 protocols that fall in line with government regulations, the World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines and industry best practices.