- Active and outdoor
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 20
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Visit Whangarei Falls
- Visit Mt Eden
- Visit Waitomo Caves
- Overnight stay in a traditional Maori marae and hangi dinner
- Visit Te Puia geothermal reserve
- Visit Lake Taupo and Huka Falls
- Orientation walk of Tongariro National Park with Trip Leader
- Show more
Iconic sights and in-depth adventures with a local Trip Leader. Eye-popping landscapes. Jaw-dropping activities. And local know-how by the bucketload. This trip isn’t about seeing the North Island – it’s about experiencing it. In all its spectacular, quirky, historic glory. Expect: towering volcanoes, roaring waterfalls, magical caves and out-of-this-world views. The adventure starts HERE.
Day 1 : Auckland, New Zealand
Day 2 : Auckland to Paihia, via Whangarei Falls
Day 3 : Paihia, Bay of Islands
Day 4 : Paihia to Auckland
Day 5 : Auckland to Marae Stay, via Waitomo
Day 6 : Marae to Rotorua
Day 7 : Rotorua to Tongariro National Park, via Lake Taupo
Day 8 : Tongariro National Park
Day 9 : Tongariro National Park to Wellington
- 7 nights in hotel-style accommodation (twin to quad)
- 1 night in a traditional Maori marae (multi-share). Please note: on nights 7 and 8 (Tongariro) you may stay in larger rooms (up to quad-share) with travellers of the same gender. Mixed-sex couples travelling together may be separated on these nights. On night 5 we’ll be staying in a traditional marae
- where all accommodation is shared (no single supplement available).
- 8 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- Air-conditioned minicoach
- Trip Leader throughout the tour
- FYI: these are optional activities available locally. Things might change – prices are here to give you a rough idea.
- Kayaking at Haruru Falls: prices available locally
- Skydiving in the Bay of Islands: prices available locally
- Hole in the Rock cruise: prices available locally
- Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach tour: prices available locally
- Visit Ruakuri Cave: from $76
- Blackwater rafting at Waitomo Caves: from $147
- Visit the Hobbiton movie set: from $124
- Canopy tour: from $159
- Visit the geothermal mud bath and spa: from $75
- Zorbing in Rotorua: from $45
- Whitewater rafting in Rotorua: from $90
- Hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing with a local guide: from $195
- Quad biking in Tongariro National Park: from $155
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Delve Deep: New Zealand North Island tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Save US$ 74 today.
- Earn US$ 49+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Delve Deep: New Zealand North Island tour. You can cancel the tour up to 64 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 63 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 July 2022, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 63 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Delve Deep: New Zealand North Island tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Delve Deep: New Zealand North Island tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- The crew in this tours are trained in COVID-specific hygiene standards and equipped with the skills required to keep every traveller safe.
- Coaches are immaculately cleaned before each trip starts and regularly throughout.
- This trip requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 atleast 14 days before departure, unless you are medically exempt from having the vaccine.