- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group Request as private
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-5118
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Learn about Maori culture.
- Get an adrenaline rush in Rotorua and Queenstown.
- Discover Abel Tasman National Park by foot.
- Cruise through the remote fjords of Milford Sound
Now's the time to explore New Zealand on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. They say good travel happens on small islands. Regardless of whether or not that's an actual saying, the small islands of New Zealand pack plenty of exploratory punch. Go from kayaking in Raglan to hiking in Abel Tasman National Park to cruising remote fjords and taking in some Insta-worthy views. But if you’re short on travel dollars, fear not; this trip squeezes in the very best of both the North and South Islands into an affordable, action-packed 21-day itinerary where you'll move swiftly without feeling rushed.
Day 1: Auckland
Day 2: Auckland/Raglan
Day 3: Raglan/Rotorua
Day 4: Rotorua
Day 5: Rotorua/Taupo
Day 6: Taupo/Wellington
Day 7: Wellington/Abel Tasman National Park
Day 8: Abel Tasman National Park
Day 9: Abel Tasman National Park/Westport
Day 10: Westport/Franz Josef
Day 11: Franz Josef
Day 12: Franz Josef/Queenstown
Day 13: Queenstown
Day 14: Milford Sound Day Trip/Queenstown
Day 15: Queenstown
Day 16: Queenstown to Tekapo
Day 17: Tekapo
Day 18: Tekapo to Christchurch
Day 19: Christchurch/Kaikoura
Day 20: Kaikoura/Wellington
Day 21: Wellington
- Hostels (11 nts, multi-share with 4-8 people), basic lodges (9 nts). Most nights are multi-share on this trip.
20 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners
Note: Allow USD430-560 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, kayak, boat, ferry
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your Welcome Moment: Welcome Meeting - Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Wellington
- Your Discover Moment: Franz Josef
- Your Discover Moment: Queenstown
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Wellington
- Conservation farm visit (Raglan)
- Sea kayaking excursion (Raglan)
- Maori cultural experience
- Visit to a seal colony
- Walks in Franz Josef and Abel Tasman National Parks
- Fiordland NP visit
- Milford Sound nature cruise
- Orientation walk in Wellington
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Auckland and from Wellington are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of New Zealand: Mountain Biking & Black-Sand Beaches tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 95+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of New Zealand: Mountain Biking & Black-Sand Beaches tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 April 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 April 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of New Zealand: Mountain Biking & Black-Sand Beaches tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of New Zealand: Mountain Biking & Black-Sand Beaches tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on this tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Elevated hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.